The best Mothers’ Day gifts for the home in north London
- Credit: Archant
Left it a bit late to get your ma something for Mothering Sunday this weekend? Never fear, here are some local (and gorgeous) options to brighten up her home.
An obvious gift but more often than not a welcome one, a huge bouquet of seasonal flowers will smell wonderful, look pretty and act as a reminder that spring is just around the corner.
Check out where to find the best bouquets in north London here.
Camden start up Frame Again will print any digital photo you upload (you can do this straight to their website from your phone or even Instagram), and then frame it in one of their handmade oak frames in a range of sizes and colours and post to any address in 48 hours. If you’ve missed the deadline to get one sent by Sunday, why not send her a commemorative snap of your Mothers’ Day celebrations instead? From £6.99 for the print and frame.
You may also want to watch:
The very nicest candles will send gentle wafts of delicious scents through the house, rather than overpowering a room with a cheap, synthetic smell.
Here are some of the loveliest floral fragrances available.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
A hand potted plant
Does your mum prefer a handmade gift? Why not bring her a diy pot plant? These are easy to make, last longer than a bunch of cut flowers and can be easily personalised, as well as being soft on the wallet. They look cool too.
Find out how to make one here.
Gifts with local scenes on
How about getting her something made by fellow north London mums from Tash & Tanya’s interiors shop in Muswell Hill? Anything from handmade lampshades to prints and even beaded cushions featuring Alexandra Palace are available from their gorgeous gift shop, perfect for Crouch Enders, Muswell Hillites and Ally Pally residents looking for a last-minute non-chain store pressie.
Find out more here.
Design or gardening inspiration
Is your mother doing up her house and looking for inspiration? Perhaps she’s a keen gardener. Or just a design addict. If so, indulge her passions with a beautifully designed and glossily printed coffee table on her favourite topic.
Here are some of the nicest available at the moment.