The best Mothers’ Day gifts for the home in north London
- Credit: Archant
Left it a bit late to get your ma something for Mothering Sunday this weekend? Never fear, here are some local (and gorgeous) options to brighten up her home.
An obvious gift but more often than not a welcome one, a huge bouquet of seasonal flowers will smell wonderful, look pretty and act as a reminder that spring is just around the corner.
Check out where to find the best bouquets in north London here.
Camden start up Frame Again will print any digital photo you upload (you can do this straight to their website from your phone or even Instagram), and then frame it in one of their handmade oak frames in a range of sizes and colours and post to any address in 48 hours. If you’ve missed the deadline to get one sent by Sunday, why not send her a commemorative snap of your Mothers’ Day celebrations instead? From £6.99 for the print and frame.
You may also want to watch:
The very nicest candles will send gentle wafts of delicious scents through the house, rather than overpowering a room with a cheap, synthetic smell.
Here are some of the loveliest floral fragrances available.
- 1 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 2 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 3 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park
A hand potted plant
Does your mum prefer a handmade gift? Why not bring her a diy pot plant? These are easy to make, last longer than a bunch of cut flowers and can be easily personalised, as well as being soft on the wallet. They look cool too.
Find out how to make one here.
Gifts with local scenes on
How about getting her something made by fellow north London mums from Tash & Tanya’s interiors shop in Muswell Hill? Anything from handmade lampshades to prints and even beaded cushions featuring Alexandra Palace are available from their gorgeous gift shop, perfect for Crouch Enders, Muswell Hillites and Ally Pally residents looking for a last-minute non-chain store pressie.
Find out more here.
Design or gardening inspiration
Is your mother doing up her house and looking for inspiration? Perhaps she’s a keen gardener. Or just a design addict. If so, indulge her passions with a beautifully designed and glossily printed coffee table on her favourite topic.
Here are some of the nicest available at the moment.