Swiftly moving on: is this pop star renting in Crouch End?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Pop singer Taylor Swift is allegedly renting a home in N8 to be closer to new British beau Joe Alwyn
Taylor Swift is continuing her love affair for north London - and its men - by reportedly renting a home in N8 for the summer.
Gossip pages are alight with the rumour that sparks are flying between Swift and Crouch End local Joe Alwyn.
It seems here in north London, men never go out of style as the 26 year old actor is the third in a string of Swift’s local lads including Hampstead resident Harry Styles and Dartmouth Park’s Tom Hiddleston.
A relative unknown, Alwyn’s breakout role was in Ang Lee’s 2016 film Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, after training at Holloway’s National Youth Theatre.
He lives in Crouch End with his parents, and Swift has reportedly rented a property in the area in order to make secret assignations easier.
You may also want to watch:
The pair were reportedly introduced by mutual friend Emma Stone, who is starring alongside Alwyn in the film The Favourite, due out next year.
The singer has been taking a break from the public eye since her high-profile break up with yet another Brit Calvin Harris, and subsequent whirlwind romance (or should that be showmance) with actor Hiddleston.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
However, everything has changed and her new romance might be helping the starlet shake it off, although she is reported to be going on dates with Alwyn in disguise.
The 27 year old has been keeping a low profile to work on new material, which if past records are anything to go by will be heavy on ‘Hiddleswift’ references, despite his insistence there’s no bad blood.
She’ll find plenty of inspiration in Crouch End, with its rich musical history. Bob Dylan’s Church Studios can be found here, as are the Konk Studios founded by the Kinks.
With average house prices in Crouch End at £799,202, the home rented by Swift is likely to be a more demure affair than her $17.5 million home on Rhode Island fit for her wildest dreams, but it’s a love story, and the estate agents must have convinced her to say yes.