St John’s Wood property: auctioneer’s highest ever lot sells for above asking price
- Credit: London Auction House
The semi-detached Victorian house sold above its guide price for £3.25 million
With a guide price of £3 million, 14 Wellington Road was Auction House London’s highest priced lot ever.
The auctioneers were delighted when the six-bedroom semi-detached period property sold for £3.25 million.
Auctioneer Andrew Binstock said:
“It was purchased by an owner occupier at a price above the predicted sale price of several local agents, which just goes to show that this type of high end property can do just as well at auction as the more traditional lower value stock.”
The house shows as having been previously listed for sale on Zoopla for £4.6 million in April 2016, just days after the additional 3 per cent stamp duty on additional homes was introduced.
You may also want to watch:
The imposing double fronted house sits between Regent’s Park and St John’s Wood tube station, just a few hundred yards away from Lord’s Cricket Ground.
The St John’s Wood property was the star lot in the sale, which was held on February 22.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
85 lots were sold in total, for a combined sum of £21,806,250.
Mr Binstock commented:
“This is another spectacular set of results for Auction House London. Not only are we now the official auction room for Countrywide stock in London, our consistent success rate means that we are fast becoming the go-to auctioneer in the capital.”
The next Auction House London sale will be on Thursday 13 April at the London Marriott Regents Park 128 King Henry’s Road, NW3 3ST at 12 noon.