Rent a house on St John’s Wood ‘Millionaire’s Row’ for £30,000 a month
- Credit: Archant
Demanding tenants in St John’s Wood can now expect to pay as much as £30,000 per month to rent a home.
A six-bedroom detached house on Avenue Road, dubbed the ‘Millionaire’s Row’ of St John’s Wood, is currently being let by Rescorp Residential for £6,950 a week.
The property, with its Victorian red brick façade, boasts 6,300sq ft of accommodation over four floors set behind a gated driveway.
The interiors have been ornately decorated with lavish ornamentation and opulent materials responding to the Victorian style of the house.
Mahogany carved tables, gilded mirrors, marble floors, crystal chandeliers and artworks collected by the owner over many years all decorate the ground floor entrance and reception space.
Elaborate cornicing and white stucco Corinthian columns complete the period feel of the interior.
You may also want to watch:
A sweeping staircase with a decorative iron railing leads residents up to the family accommodation on the upper three floors.
The master bedroom suite features an en suite bathroom built from jade, onyx and amethyst flown in from European quarries, with blue and white Italian marble and antique mahogany furniture completing the luxurious effect.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
A palatial dressing room also features his and hers en suite bathrooms.
There are four further bedrooms and bathrooms, as well as separate staff quarters.
Michael Sevilla, head of lettings of Rescorp Residential, said: “This is a rare opportunity to rent a stately home benefitting from lateral family accommodation situated in the prestigious Avenue Road”.
The annual rent on the home is £361,400, slightly more than the £340,171 you’d need on average to buy a home in the borough of Newham.
The rental property is close to Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill as well as numerous transport links.
Famous residents including Kate Moss, Paul McCartney, Keith Richards and Joan Collins have all called the star-studded area home over the years and it is a coveted postcode within London and internationally.