Regency properties in Regent’s Park: Top picks on the market now
- Credit: Archant
Regent’s Park and Regency architect John Nash have a long and close association.
Although his most famous buildings are Buckingham Palace and the Brighton Pavilion, his building scheme for the West End of London endures and gives the area around Regent’s Park its iconic appearance.
The cream stucco properties have long been popular with British and overseas buyers but a recent raft of high-profile property developers, ambassadors and oligarchs moving in has raised the area’s profile to glittering heights.
Anyone who buys one of our selected properties will be able to count Damien Hirst, the US ambassador, Qatar’s former first lady and developer Christian Candy as neighbours.
Cumberland Terrace, NW1. Available through Savills for £1,795,000
This property presents a rare opportunity to purchase a one-bedroom flat in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Set on the ground floor of a Grade I listed building, the property has access to communal gardens.
There is also a private garage and two additional parking spaces.
Park Village West, NW1. Available through KFH for £2,400,000
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 9 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
The four-bedroom Nash villa has original Regency features in many of the rooms.
A small garden provides private outdoor space if the Park provides too big.
The crisp paintwork on buildings around the park is maintained by Crown estates.
Park Village West, NW1. Available through Home House Estates for £3,999,995
A double fronted cottage with three double bedrooms and three reception rooms, this would make a cosy but amenable family home.
There is an enclosed patio garden with a Mediterranean feel and three cellar vaults providing ample storage.
Period features give the exterior of the house a pretty and distinctive look.
Gloucester Lodge, NW1. Available through Aston Chase for £14,000,000
This Grade I listed villa is set behind a carriage drive, which provides parking for up to eight cars – one for each bedroom in the house.
Not only is Regent’s Park on the doorstep with reception rooms providing spectacular views, but the house also has a private walled garden.
A self-contained mews house at the back of the property could be used for guests, staff or troublesome teens.