Property of the week: this Hampstead house is on the market for the first time in 70 years
- Credit: Marcus Parfitt
Built in 1925, this grand detached family home on Frognal Way has large private gardens and uninterrupted views over London
An exquisite detached family house presented to the open market for the first time in over 70 years. Situated on possibly one of the most sought after locations within the heart of the Hampstead Village on a tranquil, private unadopted gated road. Sitting proudly on an elevated plot facing South with uninterrupted views over London from the upper floors.
The house which was built in 1925 extends to 3602 sq ft (335 sq mts) is arranged over three floors only and is found in good condition throughout. Boasting some wonderfully bright dual aspect reception rooms and bedrooms, a modern kitchen breakfast room with a vaulted ceiling, four double bedrooms with two bathrooms, (one en-suite) and a shower room. As the house is on an elevated plot there is great potential to extend at ground level and possibly to the side and rear of the house STPP.
The gardens are extremely private and run along the boundary of Hampstead Parish Church, are mainly laid to lawn with various mature trees, bushes, well-manicured flower beds and shrubs. A large terrace is accessed from the drawing room with an ornate path leading to a detached Guest Cottage which has a ground floor bedroom with en-suite shower room and a vaulted living area/kitchenette with pleasant views and access onto the walled gardens and to the gated off street parking.
To the Western elevation there is a ‘suntrap’ terrace with water features and tranquil landscaped areas, accessible from the Kitchen and wrapping back past a wonderful mature fig tree to the Garden Room and also has steps down to a tradesman’s entrance and the private road which provides unrestricted street parking along the front periphery of the property. This is a rare opportunity to acquire one of the finest houses in Hampstead Village and early inspections are highly recommended.
You may also want to watch:
Marcus Parfitt, 020 7431 0000
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 5 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 8 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue