Property of the week: Neo-gothic mansion set in 55 acres of parkland
- Credit: Archant
Wall Hall in Aldenham boasts an illustrious history. In 1910 it was purchased by American banker John Pierpont Morgan, son of the founder of JP Morgan. Following Morgan’s death in 1942, the estate was procured by the Hertfordshire County Council and was used as a national teacher-training college.
In 2009, renowned developer Octagon purchased Wall Hall and converted it into an award-winning scheme of 125 homes, with the Grade II listed Neo Gothic mansion being a key focus of the project.
The Mansion House – which is set in 55 acres of parkland – was skillfully renovated to include seven sympathetically designed properties. The largest of these apartments is an impressive 5,800 sq. ft. residence which is now available to purchase.
The current owners invested £400,000 on the opulent interior resulting in a bespoke home with high ceilings, elaborate chandeliers, period fireplaces, luxurious finishes, and designer furniture.
This exceptional home is arranged over three floors and spans the entire west wing of the mansion house. The ground floor has been reconfigured to centre around an immense, bespoke Mark Wilkinson kitchen. The home features a plush cinema room, beautifully fitted reception room, extensive principal bedroom suite, three further bedroom suites, utility room, study, underground parking and beautiful private gardens. The development itself boasts a fully equipped gym, children’s play area, and gorgeous views of the surrounding countryside.
You may also want to watch:
Wall Hall is situated on the northern edge of Aldenham. It is conveniently positioned in an area of natural beauty yet is located a short distance from local amenities and transport links including Radlett railway station (25 mins into central London).
Wall Hall Mansion, Wall Hall Drive, Aldenham, WD25
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
£3,500,000 – Share of Freehold
020 8954 0060
020 7317 7966