Property of the week: Neo-gothic mansion set in 55 acres of parkland
- Credit: Archant
Wall Hall in Aldenham boasts an illustrious history. In 1910 it was purchased by American banker John Pierpont Morgan, son of the founder of JP Morgan. Following Morgan’s death in 1942, the estate was procured by the Hertfordshire County Council and was used as a national teacher-training college.
In 2009, renowned developer Octagon purchased Wall Hall and converted it into an award-winning scheme of 125 homes, with the Grade II listed Neo Gothic mansion being a key focus of the project.
The Mansion House – which is set in 55 acres of parkland – was skillfully renovated to include seven sympathetically designed properties. The largest of these apartments is an impressive 5,800 sq. ft. residence which is now available to purchase.
The current owners invested £400,000 on the opulent interior resulting in a bespoke home with high ceilings, elaborate chandeliers, period fireplaces, luxurious finishes, and designer furniture.
This exceptional home is arranged over three floors and spans the entire west wing of the mansion house. The ground floor has been reconfigured to centre around an immense, bespoke Mark Wilkinson kitchen. The home features a plush cinema room, beautifully fitted reception room, extensive principal bedroom suite, three further bedroom suites, utility room, study, underground parking and beautiful private gardens. The development itself boasts a fully equipped gym, children’s play area, and gorgeous views of the surrounding countryside.
Wall Hall is situated on the northern edge of Aldenham. It is conveniently positioned in an area of natural beauty yet is located a short distance from local amenities and transport links including Radlett railway station (25 mins into central London).
Wall Hall Mansion, Wall Hall Drive, Aldenham, WD25
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 3 Camden Market has major makeover with new cinema, shops and food stalls
- 4 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 5 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 6 Barnet chemist named independent pharmacy of the year
- 7 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 8 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 9 PLU: St John's Wood restaurant finds the right formula
- 10 Highgate's new butcher offers wine pairing and cooking advice
£3,500,000 – Share of Freehold
020 8954 0060
020 7317 7966