Property of the week: Hampstead Garden Suburb new build with an Arts & Crafts twist
- Credit: Archant
Set within a private residents’ courtyard with water features, this development comprises six houses and 39 apartments, all designed in the Arts & Crafts Movement style.
Built by Barratt London the properties wrap around the courtyard and all the materials and details are in the style of the 19th Century Arts & Crafts Movement principles of simple forms, truth to materials and nature.
The placement of the buildings in a random and unordered fashion references the growth and development of many villages and market towns. The configuration of rooms, and their relationship to external windows, has been developed to maximise solar orientation allowing rooms to enjoy high levels of natural daylight.
The Arts & Crafts influence continues within the interiors, with hard wood doors and Amtico tiled flooring. Rooms have generous proportions and further benefits include comfort cooling throughout, under floor heating and selected apartments with balconies or private gardens.
Kitchens are fitted with Grohe and Miele appliances, bringing a touch of luxury when cooking or entertaining.
You may also want to watch:
In addition the development offers a 12-hour concierge service, underground parking, CCTV security, cycle storage and an impressive hotel-style lobby. A water fountain within the private residents’ garden provides an oasis of peace and quiet.
Head of New Homes at Glentree Estates Karen Morris said: “Chandos is a superb development built in the genre of the Arts & Crafts Movement in order to blend seamlessly into the style of the Hampstead Garden Suburb.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 4 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
“It offers classic, luxurious living with every amenity considered. All this in a London location that boasts easy proximity to the wonderful Hampstead Heath, easy commuting to central London via Golders Green Tube Station, easy access to the M1 motorway, with three international airports easily accessed for those get away breaks and if that wasn’t enough Hampstead Golf Course on the doorstep!
“With prices starting at £995,000 we don’t think these outstanding and unique homes will take long to be snapped up.”
Hampstead Reach, Hampstead Garden Suburb, NW11
Prices from £995,000
020 8731 9500