Property of the Week: Elegance updated in Highgate’s Holly Lodge Estate
- Credit: Archant
A stylish contemporary interior update has been given to the 18 flats in this 1920s mock-Tudor block on the quiet and leafy Holly Lodge.
Holly Lodge Mansions, Makepeace Avenue, N6, prices from £695,000
This unique development comprises 18 beautifully refurbished, spacious and high-specification homes in four of the estate’s distinctive 1920s Tudor-style buildings.
The original layout was inspired by the ideals of Sir Ebenezer Howard, the creator of the garden city, a concept that captured the imagination of town planners worldwide in the late Victorian era.
The estate’s present curators are dedicated to carefully maintaining the character of the landscape, offering residents a delightful outdoor space for recreation and relaxation.
You may also want to watch:
The streetscape and communal gardens feature wide grass verges, paved walkways, tree-lined avenues and an ornamental pond.
Sitting on Highgate’s south-facing slopes, Holly Lodge Estate is surrounded by green spaces. The expansive Hampstead Heath lies to the west, with Parliament Hill to the south, the famous Highgate Cemetery borders the estate to the east and north and Highgate Golf Course, Highgate Wood and Queen’s Woods lie just one mile beyond.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
In this quiet and peaceful spot there’s also an excellent selection of amenities on the Estate’s doorstep. Highgate Village is approximately half a mile away, with its delightful Georgian architecture, celebrated pubs, independent shops and irresistible eateries. The livelier centres of Camden Town and Hampstead are accessible by bus.
Savills, 020 7472 5016