Property of the Week: Dome-estic bliss at Hampstead mansion with spaceship swimming pool
- Credit: Archant
Spacious and modern and set in a prime position overlooking Hampstead Heath, this detached four-bedroom Hampstead house has a unique hidden feature
Behind the Post-Modern 6,888 sq ft house sits a unique Grade II-listed swimming pool, built in a retro-futuristic style for another house altogether during the 1960s.
The pool is on land originally attached to the nearby Schreiber House, which was built for furniture manufacturer Chaim Schreiber from 1962-64. Originally on a much larger plot of land, Schreiber added a pool in 1968 also designed by Gowan.
As the plot was divided up over the years to come, the pool became part of the next door house on Templewood Avenue. It now sits like a beached space craft on the inside corner of the property.
Philip Green, director of Goldscmidt & Howland who are marketing the property, said: “I’ve never heard of another house with a listed swimming pool. It’s a domed pool, which means it’s above ground, whereas most pools are underground.
You may also want to watch:
“The house also has a lift, which is unusual, and from the fourth-floor terrace there’s a fantastic view over the Heath.”
And like Schreiber House next door in its heyday, the Templewood Avenue house is fitted with some of the handiest modern technology including a Creston home automation system, and central vacuum system, as well as a gym, Jacuzzi and sauna.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 6 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
Templewood Avenue, Hampstead, NW3
Goldschmidt & Howland
020 7435 4404