Property of the Week: Dome-estic bliss at Hampstead mansion with spaceship swimming pool
- Credit: Archant
Spacious and modern and set in a prime position overlooking Hampstead Heath, this detached four-bedroom Hampstead house has a unique hidden feature
Behind the Post-Modern 6,888 sq ft house sits a unique Grade II-listed swimming pool, built in a retro-futuristic style for another house altogether during the 1960s.
The pool is on land originally attached to the nearby Schreiber House, which was built for furniture manufacturer Chaim Schreiber from 1962-64. Originally on a much larger plot of land, Schreiber added a pool in 1968 also designed by Gowan.
As the plot was divided up over the years to come, the pool became part of the next door house on Templewood Avenue. It now sits like a beached space craft on the inside corner of the property.
Philip Green, director of Goldscmidt & Howland who are marketing the property, said: “I’ve never heard of another house with a listed swimming pool. It’s a domed pool, which means it’s above ground, whereas most pools are underground.
You may also want to watch:
“The house also has a lift, which is unusual, and from the fourth-floor terrace there’s a fantastic view over the Heath.”
And like Schreiber House next door in its heyday, the Templewood Avenue house is fitted with some of the handiest modern technology including a Creston home automation system, and central vacuum system, as well as a gym, Jacuzzi and sauna.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
Templewood Avenue, Hampstead, NW3
Goldschmidt & Howland
020 7435 4404