Property of the week: Contemporary, light-filled family home
- Credit: Archant
An architect-designed detached house in Highgate with floating levels and extensive use of glass blending inside and out.
Hurst Avenue, Highgate, N6, Price on application
This imaginative, contemporary family house by Threefold Architects has been featured in architectural magazines and would certainly make a statement with its two floors of high design accommodation.
The property is discretely set back on a large, secluded plot and blends harmoniously into the mature surrounding landscape.
To maximise the connection between house and garden, two volumes at first floor level float above the sloped site, supported on brick piers below, and separated by a double height atrium, bathing the interior with natural light.
The dramatic central space of the house is spanned by a lightweight bridge and feature staircase, which provides access to the bedrooms at first floor level.
A palette of traditional simple materials including exposed oak, has been beautifully crafted throughout the house.
- 1 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 2 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 3 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
- 4 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 5 'It's a lovely community': The Bull reopens under new management
- 6 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
- 7 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 8 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 9 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 10 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
A further detached studio annex with its own shower room can be found in the garden.
Privacy is maintained with the gated approach from the street, between the two large detached garages and store room.
The house has an excellent southerly aspect over school playing fields in a quiet and sought after residential street on the eastern side of Highgate.
020 7452 5016