Property of the week: Contemporary, light-filled family home
- Credit: Archant
An architect-designed detached house in Highgate with floating levels and extensive use of glass blending inside and out.
Hurst Avenue, Highgate, N6, Price on application
This imaginative, contemporary family house by Threefold Architects has been featured in architectural magazines and would certainly make a statement with its two floors of high design accommodation.
The property is discretely set back on a large, secluded plot and blends harmoniously into the mature surrounding landscape.
To maximise the connection between house and garden, two volumes at first floor level float above the sloped site, supported on brick piers below, and separated by a double height atrium, bathing the interior with natural light.
You may also want to watch:
The dramatic central space of the house is spanned by a lightweight bridge and feature staircase, which provides access to the bedrooms at first floor level.
A palette of traditional simple materials including exposed oak, has been beautifully crafted throughout the house.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 7 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 8 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 9 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
A further detached studio annex with its own shower room can be found in the garden.
Privacy is maintained with the gated approach from the street, between the two large detached garages and store room.
The house has an excellent southerly aspect over school playing fields in a quiet and sought after residential street on the eastern side of Highgate.
020 7452 5016