Property of the week: Contemporary, light-filled family home
- Credit: Archant
An architect-designed detached house in Highgate with floating levels and extensive use of glass blending inside and out.
Hurst Avenue, Highgate, N6, Price on application
This imaginative, contemporary family house by Threefold Architects has been featured in architectural magazines and would certainly make a statement with its two floors of high design accommodation.
The property is discretely set back on a large, secluded plot and blends harmoniously into the mature surrounding landscape.
To maximise the connection between house and garden, two volumes at first floor level float above the sloped site, supported on brick piers below, and separated by a double height atrium, bathing the interior with natural light.
You may also want to watch:
The dramatic central space of the house is spanned by a lightweight bridge and feature staircase, which provides access to the bedrooms at first floor level.
A palette of traditional simple materials including exposed oak, has been beautifully crafted throughout the house.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 9 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
A further detached studio annex with its own shower room can be found in the garden.
Privacy is maintained with the gated approach from the street, between the two large detached garages and store room.
The house has an excellent southerly aspect over school playing fields in a quiet and sought after residential street on the eastern side of Highgate.
020 7452 5016