Property of the week: Contemporary, light-filled family home
- Credit: Archant
An architect-designed detached house in Highgate with floating levels and extensive use of glass blending inside and out.
Hurst Avenue, Highgate, N6, Price on application
This imaginative, contemporary family house by Threefold Architects has been featured in architectural magazines and would certainly make a statement with its two floors of high design accommodation.
The property is discretely set back on a large, secluded plot and blends harmoniously into the mature surrounding landscape.
To maximise the connection between house and garden, two volumes at first floor level float above the sloped site, supported on brick piers below, and separated by a double height atrium, bathing the interior with natural light.
You may also want to watch:
The dramatic central space of the house is spanned by a lightweight bridge and feature staircase, which provides access to the bedrooms at first floor level.
A palette of traditional simple materials including exposed oak, has been beautifully crafted throughout the house.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
A further detached studio annex with its own shower room can be found in the garden.
Privacy is maintained with the gated approach from the street, between the two large detached garages and store room.
The house has an excellent southerly aspect over school playing fields in a quiet and sought after residential street on the eastern side of Highgate.
020 7452 5016