Property of the Week: a new Arts and Crafts style development in Hampstead Garden Suburb
- Credit: Glentree
Set within a private residents’ courtyard these six new houses and 39 apartments have been executed in a classic local 19th century architectural style
Hampstead Reach, Hampstead Garden Suburb, NW11
An exciting new development of six houses and 39 apartments, all designed in the Arts & Crafts Movement style with water features and set within a private residents’ courtyard, has come to the market through selling agents Glentree New Homes.
Built by award winning Barratt London the properties ‘wrap around’ a resident’s courtyard and all the materials and details used reference the 19th Century Arts & Crafts Movement principals of simple forms, truth to materials and nature.
The placement of the buildings are in a random and unordered fashion which references the growth and development of many villages and market towns and the configuration of rooms, and their relationship to external windows, has been developed to maximize solar orientation allowing rooms to enjoy high levels of natural daylight.
The Arts & Crafts influence continues within the interiors with hard wood doors and Amtico tiled flooring. Rooms have generous proportions and further benefits include comfort cooling throughout, under floor heating and selected apartments with balconies or private gardens.
You may also want to watch:
Kitchens are fitted with Grohe and Miele appliances bringing a touch of luxury as you cook or entertain.
In addition the development offers: a12 hour concierge service, underground parking, CCTV security, cycle storage and an impressive hotel-style lobby. A water fountain within the private residents garden provides an oasis of peace and quiet.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
Prices start at £995,000