Property of the week: a Hampstead family home with a historic blue plaque
- Credit: TK International
This seven bedroom family home where a famous Irish opera singer once lived is on the market for the first time in almost thirty years
Ferncroft Avenue, Hampstead, NW3
On the open market for the first time in nearly thirty years a handsome double fronted detached period house of almost 4700 sq ft which has been well maintained by the present owners and which still retains numerous period features including delicate ceiling mouldings, fireplaces and ornate brass door furniture. This charming family home is set proudly back from the road on an elevated position behind a five/six car carriage driveway .
The generous and bright accommodation is arranged over three floors, with two formal reception rooms, a conservatory, kitchen/breakfast room and elegant reception hallway on the ground floor and six to seven bedrooms and three bathrooms arranged over the upper two floors.
To the rear is a delightful 63’ mature lawned garden and to the right side of the house is a capacious single story garage. This area could be in-filled and remodelled to create further ground floor reception rooms subject to the usual planning consents.
You may also want to watch:
The renowned Irish opera singer John McCormack lived here between 1908 and 1913.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners
- 10 Letter on shopping for one!
t-k.co.uk / 020 7794 8700