Property Of The Week: a blue plaque home in blue chip Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Lower Lodge is a rarely available and extremely unusual four-storey detached Victorian house with basement granny flat, adorned with a blue plaque marking the residence of Alfred Reynolds, the Hungarian poet and philosopher, between 1980-1993.
Offering 2893sq ft of accommodation, the property is currently arranged as a spacious three-bedroom upper maisonette, with the advantage of a self-contained two-bedroom apartment on the lower ground floor. Consequently the house offers great flexibility, with the self-contained unit ideal for guests or as a ‘granny flat’, or a source of income (currently approximately £25,000 per annum) or the scope to reinstate the whole as a single five bedroom residence (subject to the necessary consents).
Benefiting from patios, balconies and a secluded terrace and with the rare advantage of a garage and off street parking.
Located directly opposite the open space of Hampstead Heath, a location which appears in many of Constable’s views.
Idyllically situated within minutes (0.4 miles) of Hampstead Village with its stylish High Street, restaurants cafes and delicatessens and the superb transport links to the West End and City.
You may also want to watch:
Branch Hill, Hampstead, NW3
£3,650,000 – Freehold
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 5 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 8 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
Goldschmidt & Howland
020 8347 2601