Property of the week: views over the hills of Highgate just metres from The Heath
- Credit: Archant
This semi detatched Victorian home in NW5 has an ideal location, fantastic views and a large, mature garden
Laurier Road, Highgate, NW5, £2,950,000
Laurier Road, originally known as Lewisham Road, and forming part of the conservation area, designated in 1992, rises from York Rise and curves towards Dartmouth Park Road. This grouping of classic semi-detached properties is emphasised by the stepped effect of the land rising eastward giving long views from several directions and the gaps between the houses providing impressive distant views to the hills of Highgate.
Most of the houses are by Smerdon or builders associated with him with the earliest houses possibly dating as early as the 1850s with the original stable and coachman’s house still standing.
Many of the front boundaries are formed by pretty tended hedges and low walls, perfectly framing this fine example of what is a highly sought after and rarely available house.
You may also want to watch:
This fabulous 4 floor semi-detached Victorian family house features two floors of exceptional entertaining areas, with an elegant high ceiling double reception room retaining a host of period features and a large 30’ family kitchen dining room which leads directly to the delightful 60’ mature garden. There are four roomy double bedrooms, alongside two peaceful studies, a large family bathroom and additional shower.
The position is ideal, 1100m from The Heath at Parliament Hill, with the Lido and Tennis courts, and only 650m from Tufnell Park tube (Northern Line), with the eclectic mix of independent retailers on Fortess Road, including Meat NW5,
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Wounded Crouch End pensioner 'shaken up' after zebra crossing collision
- 4 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 5 Camden Town Brewery's new Bavarian Beer Hall opens in Kentish Town
- 6 What Paulo Fonseca means for Tottenham Hotspur?
- 7 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 8 New headteachers at Harris Academy St John's Wood and Camden School for Girls
- 9 Stephen Mangan's first book is a family affair
- 10 Rift over nursery plan for play area outside of Hornsey block
Jonathan Norris fishmongers, the Spence Bakery and a good selection of cafes and Gastro pubs nearby.
£2,950,000 sole agent.