Police record: buyers lock down this former lock up
- Credit: Archant
House hunters crowded out of Notting Hill have made no compromise on luxury in this ex-clink
Buyers have been quick to snap up the unique luxury apartments on offer at a converted police station in Maida Vale.
The new apartments in Grade II listed Westbourne Place have been speedily bought up by those seeking an alternative to expensive neighbouring west London, where steep property prices have left house hunters crowded out.
Simon Halfhide, sales director at Redrow said:
“Westbourne Place has been particularly popular with buyers previously renting in the more expensive surrounding such as Notting Hill. Ideally located in an established residential area with direct travel links into central London, the apartments at Westbourne Place are a completely unique offering, providing contemporary homes in a beautiful historic building”.
By relocating to get on the property ladder residents of the old Victorian clink have by no means compromised on location.
You may also want to watch:
Notting Hill remains within easy walking distance, and the shops and restaurants of Little Venice are also close by.
Commuters will appreciate the transport links via tube stations at Westbourne Park and Royal Oak, with major stations like King’s Cross, Euston Square, Liverpool Street and Baker Street close by.
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 2 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 3 'Two people who love each other': 70 years together for Hermi and Shirley
- 4 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 5 'Dumped and forgotten': Homeless families on life in England's Lane hostel
- 6 I completely trust Aubameyang says Arsenal boss Arteta
- 7 Plans for 60ft 5G mast in Crouch End 'not in keeping' with conservation area
- 8 Talking Bob Dylan, life, culture, politics and Shakespeare
- 9 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: 'No news is bad news' ahead of end of sentence
An extension to the rear of the building in Butler House will become home to new build properties due to be completed by the end of the summer. There is also a children’s play area and courtyard towards the back of the building.
The police station was built in 1911 by John Dixer Butler, architect to the Metropolitan Police. Original period features such as the grand façade and the feature balustrades have been restored, whilst the apartments feature contemporary kitchens and ‘hotel-style’ bathrooms.
The last remaining apartments are priced from £695,000.