Outdoor space for a fraction of the cost: 4 of the best garden flats
- Credit: Archant
For those whose budget is limited but those who crave some outside space in their property a garden flat can provide the ideal solution. As Alan Mogg, senior sales consultant at Salter Rex estate agent, points out: “If you’ve got pets garden flats are ideal, much more practical than a balcony.
“And of course, around Hampstead, having a garden is desirable as you can sometimes extend into it to create a bit of extra living space.”
A garden flat can often be the best way to snag some outside space in this part of town because so many of the larger Victorian townhouses with small private gardens are now divided into flats.
Lowfield Road, West Hampstead NW6. Available through rhw estates for £525,000
A recently refurbished Victorian flat with a private entrance for the ground floor, the property also boasts a decked garden.
There is dark wood flooring and fresh white walls throughout.
You may also want to watch:
The bay window with window seat in the bedroom is a particularly charming feature.
Fleet Road, Hampstead NW3. Available through Salter Rex for £535,000
This one bedroom ground floor flat is in the middle of a period terrace.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 7 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 8 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 9 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
It is located within minutes of Hampstead Heath but anyone looking for a more private outdoor space, the walled patio out back means you can have al fresco breakfast in your pyjamas.
The inside is modern and bright with huge windows, lots of natural light and attractive wooden floorboards.
Parkhill Road, Belsize Park NW3. Available through Hadleigh Residential for £750,000
This two bedroom maisonette is set over the ground and first floor of a modern block.
Options abound for outside space as the property not only boasts a small private patio, but has access to a shared communal lawned garden too.
Trees and plants provide privacy and shade.
Eton Avenue, Swiss Cottage NW3. Available through Parkheath for £1,950,000
With two bedrooms and two bathrooms this ground floor flat is at the upper end of the scale.
It has a garden to match with a conservatory with under floor heating, leading to a wooden terrace and landscaped garden.
The living space is similarly high-spec with modern fitted kitchen and large reception room.