Nothing but corpses next door can hinder this West Hampstead agent
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Lee Goodchild lettings manager at Vita Properties finds viewings work better if the neighbours stay alive – at least while prospective tenants are in the building
What’s special about your agency?
We’re more tailored, more flexible, because we’re only a small company we focus a lot more on the customer service side than just churning out numbers. We’re a boutique agency.
Where do you live and with whom?
I live in Winchmore Hill with some friends.
You may also want to watch:
What’s your favourite thing about your current property?
The fact that it’s a house and it’s in great condition. And my golf club’s around the corner. I’ll be looking to move back to West Hampstead next year though.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 7 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
I’ve never even thought about it. Probably in recruitment or in banking.
What’s your dream house?
A new-build penthouse apartment with a balcony overlooking London with a hot tub.
How long have you been an estate agent? What’s the most shocking thing you’ve seen on the job?
I’ve been an agent for just over seven years. I was on a viewing in Dalston once and, as we walked out of the flat, they wheeled a dead body out of the next door flat. The people viewing definitely didn’t go for the flat.
How has the local property market changed since you started out?
It’s got a lot more expensive. It’s certainly getting a little bit tougher in terms of the market itself. Harder times I suppose.
What are the most common mistakes clients make?
My best advice would be don’t go for the cheapest agent. Buy cheap you buy twice. There’s a lot of rogue agents out there and a lot of cheap agents don’t do a good job.
What are your top tips for the local area?
Use the Thameslink more. It’s a really great line that nobody really knows about. Also, go to The Gallery.
Are you good at Monopoly?
I’m not bad actually. I’m a strategic player. Would I sell Park Lane to someone who had Mayfair? I’d have to assess the situation.