Nothing but corpses next door can hinder this West Hampstead agent
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Lee Goodchild lettings manager at Vita Properties finds viewings work better if the neighbours stay alive – at least while prospective tenants are in the building
What’s special about your agency?
We’re more tailored, more flexible, because we’re only a small company we focus a lot more on the customer service side than just churning out numbers. We’re a boutique agency.
Where do you live and with whom?
I live in Winchmore Hill with some friends.
You may also want to watch:
What’s your favourite thing about your current property?
The fact that it’s a house and it’s in great condition. And my golf club’s around the corner. I’ll be looking to move back to West Hampstead next year though.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 5 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 6 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 7 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
I’ve never even thought about it. Probably in recruitment or in banking.
What’s your dream house?
A new-build penthouse apartment with a balcony overlooking London with a hot tub.
How long have you been an estate agent? What’s the most shocking thing you’ve seen on the job?
I’ve been an agent for just over seven years. I was on a viewing in Dalston once and, as we walked out of the flat, they wheeled a dead body out of the next door flat. The people viewing definitely didn’t go for the flat.
How has the local property market changed since you started out?
It’s got a lot more expensive. It’s certainly getting a little bit tougher in terms of the market itself. Harder times I suppose.
What are the most common mistakes clients make?
My best advice would be don’t go for the cheapest agent. Buy cheap you buy twice. There’s a lot of rogue agents out there and a lot of cheap agents don’t do a good job.
What are your top tips for the local area?
Use the Thameslink more. It’s a really great line that nobody really knows about. Also, go to The Gallery.
Are you good at Monopoly?
I’m not bad actually. I’m a strategic player. Would I sell Park Lane to someone who had Mayfair? I’d have to assess the situation.