North London postcodes just scrape top 10 high value areas
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
While they may boast two of the country’s richest streets, North London postcodes are lagging behind on Zoopla’s Rich List of the highest value areas.
Hampstead postcode NW3 leads in the north, coming in at number 10, while Highgate’s N6 misses out on a top spot at number 12.
NW8 (St John’s Wood) is financially if not geographically sandwiched between the two at number 11.
Of course, the average property value in each of the top 20 postcodes comfortably tops £1m, but the NW3 figure of £1,329,186 is still less than half the £2,845,398 commanded by the top dog, W8 (Kensington).
The N6 average is £1.29m, while NW8 is slightly higher at £1.3.
You may also want to watch:
The other top 10 postcodes are all part of inner London boroughs in the west or southwest, with the exception of eighth place SW13 (Barnes), which is next to Richmond on the city’s leafy southern fringe.
All but two of the twenty high-value areas are in London, although residents of GU25 (Virginia Water) and KT11 (Cobham) may have been heard to say they live in the capital.
- 1 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 7 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United