North London postcodes just scrape top 10 high value areas
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
While they may boast two of the country’s richest streets, North London postcodes are lagging behind on Zoopla’s Rich List of the highest value areas.
Hampstead postcode NW3 leads in the north, coming in at number 10, while Highgate’s N6 misses out on a top spot at number 12.
NW8 (St John’s Wood) is financially if not geographically sandwiched between the two at number 11.
Of course, the average property value in each of the top 20 postcodes comfortably tops £1m, but the NW3 figure of £1,329,186 is still less than half the £2,845,398 commanded by the top dog, W8 (Kensington).
The N6 average is £1.29m, while NW8 is slightly higher at £1.3.
You may also want to watch:
The other top 10 postcodes are all part of inner London boroughs in the west or southwest, with the exception of eighth place SW13 (Barnes), which is next to Richmond on the city’s leafy southern fringe.
All but two of the twenty high-value areas are in London, although residents of GU25 (Virginia Water) and KT11 (Cobham) may have been heard to say they live in the capital.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'