North London football rivalry close to home for Giroud and Lloris
- Credit: Archant
They may be French national team mates but at their London clubs they’re arch rivals. So the news that Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud, 29, and Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, 28, are close neighbours in a Bishops Avenue luxury development is worrying for devoted north London football fans.
And it could lead to awkward conversations across the corridor this weekend, whichever side wins in Sunday’s north London derby.
The pair each rent a furnished flat in a block where apartments are let for as much as £4,000 per week, or £17,300 per month.
This is small change to Giroud, who transferred from Montpellier to Arsenal in June 2012, and reportedly earns £80,000 a week.
Lloris arrived in London a couple of months later transferring from Lyon in September the same year.
You may also want to watch:
The luxury gated development on ‘Billionaire’s Row’ includes a swimming pool, hydrospa and gym and flats are decorated with walnut, bronze and marble finishes.
The pair’s friendship proved controversial last year when Giroud told a French TV channel that Lloris would like to transfer to arch rivals Arsenal.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 4 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 5 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 6 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 7 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 8 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
Talking in February last year, Giroud said: “We go out together and talk about everything. We talk about life and sometimes the French team a bit and our wish to have a great experience together at the World Cup.
“Have I asked him (Lloris) to join Arsenal? Yes, I have with Lolo (Laurent Koscielny). He would have liked to, he would quite like to. You will have to ask him the question.”