New homes: Small north London developments available to buyers
- Credit: Archant
Only one flat is still available in The Town apartments development in Kentish Town, after the remaining 14 flats sold out within 24 hours of launch on the 19th February.
The block is due to be completed in spring/summer 2016 and will comprise one, two and three-bedroom apartments, with prices starting at £432,000.
The location on Allcroft Road is near Kentish Town West overground station, a formerly somewhat derelict area which has become increasingly popular for buyers thanks to a raft of new shops, bars and cafes that have sprung up. The Fields Beneath café, the Camden Town Brewery, and the re-developed Talacre Gardens are particular hotspots.
Oliver McHugh, owner of Oliver’s Town estate agents who handled the sale said: “I think the main reason for the speed of the sale was that it’s not a big development and the flats were priced quite low, even thought they all have outdoor space.
“There also aren’t that many new developments about in Kentish Town so it was a great opportunity.”
Such a great opportunity in fact that Mr McHugh himself purchased a flat in the development where more than half of sales were buy-to-let investments.
If you’ve missed out on one of these flats but still hanker after a new-build in the area, Linton Property Developments has announced that they will be providing five new apartments on Queen’s Crescent, home of a bustling weekly market.
The one and two-bedroom properties will sit above commercial units on the ground floor, a link to the building’s 90 year history as Dennis Cole Butchers, which traded from 1915 until 2005.
Flats at the development, which is due to complete in September this year, will start from £405,000.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 3 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 4 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 5 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 6 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 7 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 8 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 9 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 10 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
In nearby Archway, another development making a nod to history is The Joinery, due to launch in May 2015.
Prices start at £365,000 for a one-bedroom flat in this development of 26 properties, all of which have been designed with a nod to the sites original use as a joinery and timber yard.
Warehouse-style characteristics include floor-to-ceiling zinc windows and exposed beams. Ruskin Court, the first phase of the development will also boast an aluminium-style exterior.
Ten shared ownership properties are also available, with pricing tbc.