My Secret Address Book: Where do north London’s style makers hang out?
- Credit: Archant
Tanyth Thompson, interior designer and showroom manager of Living in Space on England’s Lane in Belsize Park, shares her favourite places in and around north London.
To get inspired
Alfie’s Antique Market is a great source of inspiration, from the building itself with its Art Deco façade to the treasure trove of furniture, textiles, accessories, lighting and general vibrancy. The dealers are often as much a source of inspiration as the pieces they source.
The Unit Gallery in Soho is my favourite art resource at the moment. They never tire of hunting down the perfect piece for my clients and their exhibitions are always exciting and cutting edge.
You may also want to watch:
To feel healthy
I love the Triyoga group and their Camden branch feels like a tucked away sanctuary filled with delicious healthy food, inspiring resources and incredible classes. It’s like a reset button with every visit. The staff are super friendly and helpful too.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
Native & Co in Notting Hill have the most beautiful homeware pieces that are ideal as gifts – their pure design ethic and sourcing of traditional inspiration from Japan and Taiwan have created a curated selection of goods that you won’t want to pack away in a cupboard.
Most of our brainstorming and workshopping happens around the table in our office pouring over ideas and drawings and creating specialised custom designs but accessories are always a fun shopping trip to do together. For that you can’t beat Katherine Pooley. The styling in her boutique is second to none and you’re sure to find interesting eye-catching pieces for highlights around the home.
For my own home
I can’t get enough of the Conran Store in Chelsea for legendary furniture designers to smaller home accessories and unique gifts and homeware. I could spend ages wandering through their showroom. Their table settings are the ultimate in festive inspiration too. Closer to home, the Marylebone store is ideally situated in a picture perfect street that is enviable in itself for a morning stroll and coffee.
We want to know your favourite interiors addresses. Tell us with the tag #SecretDesignSpots