My Favourite Things: Radio presenter, Jo Good
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
BBC Radio London presenter Jo Good shows us around her studio flat in Marylebone
Jo Good presents the afternoon show on BBC Radio London. She lives in Marylebone with Matilda the bulldog
“I’ve been in this studio mansion flat for about 12 years. When I bought it I had to really downsize so everything in this flat is essential, either for nostalgic reasons or practicality. So I stream everything on my laptop and I watch TV in bed but I’m seldom in. I eat out, I never cook. It’s like New York or Paris, I live in the street.
The building was originally service flats for the Harley Street doctors. It’s a great building, very Deco. I love looking down the stairwell, it’s like pure Poirot. When I moved here it was full of old Marylebone people but it’s changed a bit now.
My favourite thing about the flat is the location, I can walk everywhere. When I bought it I was working on the overnight show at BBC London, which was based on Marylebone High Street at the time. It was great because I could walk there and back in my pyjamas practically. I still have to go and see all the shows for work, which I love – last night I was at Cats and I just walked back.
You may also want to watch:
Now I present the afternoon show. In the new year we’re getting an extra hour 1-4 pm, which is really exciting. I’m also doing the raffle at Curtain Up Christmas market. It’s such a lovely event, like an Alan Bennett film.
Jo and Matilda will be drawing the raffle at the Curtain Up Christmas Market on Sunday, December 6 in Kensington. Entry £1.50, all proceeds go to the charity Back Up – transforming lives after spinal cord injury curtainupevents.co.uk
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill