Meet the Irish expat who has become a Muswell Hill local
- Credit: Archant
Michael Quinn bought his first property during the boom years of the Celtic Tiger, and now he dreams of a house backing onto Alexandra Palace
What’s special about your agency?
The individuals who work for Hamptons is what makes it so special.
Where do you live and with whom?
I have lived in Friern Barnet for almost 10 years since moving here from Ireland with my Wife. We now have a new addition to the family - our Baby Boy!
You may also want to watch:
Why did you buy your current property? What’s your favourite thing about it?
I wanted to get on the ladder and was fortunate enough to find a two bedroom house. I love the fact that it is in a cul de sac and is extremely peaceful.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 9 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
I’d probably be an insurance broker, as my Father worked in the industry for years and I would have probably followed in his footsteps.
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
I bought my first house in Ireland at the start of the Celtic Tiger. It was a two bedroom apartment close to the University and I thought I would be a big time landlord.
What’s your dream house?
I adore the houses on Dukes Avenue backing onto Alexandra Palace - a nice 4-5 bed would do me perfect.
How long have you been an estate agent?
I started as an Auctioneer in Ireland when I was 17. I’ve now been in the property industry for 15 years and still love it.
What’s the most shocking/surprising thing you’ve seen on the job?
The biggest shock I had was walking in on a tenant whilst they where having a bath, it was rather awkward for all parties but thankfully the tenant saw the funny side.
How has the local property market changed since you started out?
I previously worked in Muswell Hill when I moved over from Ireland almost 10 years ago. Then the area was very leafy, mainly families and a generally slow paced location, however, now there are far more professional sharers, young couples and city workers moving for all the Broadway has to offer. We are still extremely fortunate to have retained our original market but now have the added extras too.
What are your top tips for the local area?
Explore the area, there is so much going on from Ally Pally markets, local sports clubs, drama societies and much more. Muswell Hill is an easy place to become a local if you try.
Are you good at Monopoly?
I am normally the dog and always win