Meet the estate agent with a not-so-secret passion for baking
- Credit: Archant
Glentree selling agent and baking enthusiast Jonathan Wein loves to keep things local and is a dab hand in the kitchen
What’s special/different about your agency?
Glentree is a unique and entrepreneurial agency. We specialise in disposing a wide range of properties from cottages and mansions to apartments and luxury penthouses!
Where do you live and with whom?
I live in Mill Hill with my wife and two young children.
You may also want to watch:
Why did you buy your current property?
Like many our age we had to buy in an area that would offer us good schooling for our kids, I also like to know I’m buying in a good location!
- 1 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 2 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 3 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park
What’s your favourite thing about it?
I love living somewhere where the local high street and amenities are a few minutes’ walk, It really makes a big difference.
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
Most likely something in the culinary industry. My main passions are cooking and baking, my wife’s pretty lucky!
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
I bought a flat from my sister but never lived there. I rented it for 6 months then flipped it.
What’s your dream house?
My dream house would be something in Ingram Avenue NW11. It’s one of my favourite roads in Hampstead Garden Suburb and has something very special about it.
What’s the most shocking/surprising thing you’ve seen on the job?
Giving a valuation to a much older gentleman who then proceeded to scream verbal abuse and asked myself and a colleague to immediately leave when we told him the value. Needless to say the house was eventually sold for our recommended price!
In what ways has the north London property market changed since you started out?
I have been an agent since the year 2000, of which 13 of them have been in Hampstead Garden Suburb and too see how much prices have increased by is just staggering!
What are your top tips for things to do in north London?
Enjoy an early evening spring walk on the South Bank and grab a bite from Bleeker Burgers, our stunning city is full of hidden gems.