Meet the estate agent with a not-so-secret passion for baking
- Credit: Archant
Glentree selling agent and baking enthusiast Jonathan Wein loves to keep things local and is a dab hand in the kitchen
What’s special/different about your agency?
Glentree is a unique and entrepreneurial agency. We specialise in disposing a wide range of properties from cottages and mansions to apartments and luxury penthouses!
Where do you live and with whom?
I live in Mill Hill with my wife and two young children.
You may also want to watch:
Why did you buy your current property?
Like many our age we had to buy in an area that would offer us good schooling for our kids, I also like to know I’m buying in a good location!
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 7 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
What’s your favourite thing about it?
I love living somewhere where the local high street and amenities are a few minutes’ walk, It really makes a big difference.
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
Most likely something in the culinary industry. My main passions are cooking and baking, my wife’s pretty lucky!
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
I bought a flat from my sister but never lived there. I rented it for 6 months then flipped it.
What’s your dream house?
My dream house would be something in Ingram Avenue NW11. It’s one of my favourite roads in Hampstead Garden Suburb and has something very special about it.
What’s the most shocking/surprising thing you’ve seen on the job?
Giving a valuation to a much older gentleman who then proceeded to scream verbal abuse and asked myself and a colleague to immediately leave when we told him the value. Needless to say the house was eventually sold for our recommended price!
In what ways has the north London property market changed since you started out?
I have been an agent since the year 2000, of which 13 of them have been in Hampstead Garden Suburb and too see how much prices have increased by is just staggering!
What are your top tips for things to do in north London?
Enjoy an early evening spring walk on the South Bank and grab a bite from Bleeker Burgers, our stunning city is full of hidden gems.