Meet the agent who’s in with the A-list
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Director Neir Gigi of Goldschmidt and Howland has worked with a wealth of important clients in his 17 years working in cosmopolitan Hampstead
What’s special about your agency?
Our people! We are diverse group of honest people, that care, have integrity and support our clients with a wealth of knowledge and a combined experience spanning three centuries!
Where do you live and with whom?
I live in Radlett, Hertfordshire, with my wife of 10 years and two cheeky little boys.
Why did you buy your current property? What’s your favourite thing about it?
The location - we are surrounded by Green Belt so we are moments from the most wonderful woodland and country walks.
- 1 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 2 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 6 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 7 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 8 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 9 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 10 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
I have a Law Degree so things could have been very different ….lucky escape!
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
I bought a fantastic first floor flat in a gorgeous Edwardian house – wish I had kept it.
What’s your dream house?
My wife is from Scotland so I would love to buy a farm on the West Coast for the price of a two bedroom Hampstead flat
How long have you been an estate agent? What’s the most shocking/surprising thing you’ve seen on the job?
17 years – I have met the most amazing people and made friendships with A-listers and captains of industry alike – never expected that!
How has the local property market changed since you started out?
Values aside, Hampstead is so much more cosmopolitan and multicultural. I went to school in Hampstead and the demographic has changed enormously
What are your top tips for the local area?
You will often see groups of retired folk doing the walking tours of hidden Hampstead - give it a try, especially the tour of the churchyards.
Are you good at Monopoly?
Naturally, except I can never find anyone to play with...