Meet the agent who lives and works on some of the Monopoly board’s best locations
- Credit: Archant
From celebrity shrines to mirrors on the ceiling, Head of Sales David Lee has seen it all, but he’s still working on his board game strategy
What’s special about your agency?
Pastor Real Estate is not just an estate agency, we offer full turn-key solutions for buyers and investors from property sourcing, planning and architectural services through to design, project management and refurbishment. For sellers, our strong relationship with our Monaco office places us in a unique position to market your property and source homes abroad.
Where do you live and with whom?
I live with my wonderful fiancé in Chelsea.
You may also want to watch:
Why did you buy your current property? What’s your favourite thing about it?
We bought it because of the location, we both have a good commute in to work. Additionally, it needed a complete renovation which was exciting as we could stamp our own mark – a chance to explore our creative side!
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 7 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 8 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
Good question…I’m not entirely sure, but I would definitely work in property.
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
I bought my first property in 2013 and I still live there. I only wish I had bought earlier.
What’s your dream house?
My dream home would be a country house with outbuildings and acres of land, in a rural village setting.
How long have you been an estate agent? What’s the most shocking/surprising thing you’ve seen on the job?
I have been an estate agent for over 10 years. One of the best things about my job is going into lots of different homes, I’ve seen it all, from teddy bear collections to celebrity shrines through to mirrors on the ceilings.
How has the local property market changed since you started out?
Property in London has become more and more desirable, consequently prices have rocketed but there are still pockets of London that are undiscovered, for example, Shepherds Market in Mayfair – where our offices are located, which feels like a village and has an active business and residents’ association.
What are your top tips for the local area?
There are some great infrastructure projects being delivered in London, including HS2 and Crossrail – which would provide a great property investment long-term. Kings Cross is in the midst of a huge regeneration project, and Euston will begin shortly followed by extensive regeneration in Camden.
Are you good at Monopoly?
Despite living and working on some of the boards’ most famous locations, my Monopoly skills still need some practice.