Madness’ iconic ‘Our House’ property sold after 33 years
- Credit: Archant
Three decades after featuring in the Camden band’s 1982 music video, ‘Our House’ goes on the market
The property has only just been listed, but it has already been snapped up. The two-bedroom terraced house in Northwest London was sold for £565,000– and the good humour of the seller may have played a large part in the quick deal.
Madness, the legendary ska band from Camden Town, was one of the most prominent bands in the late 1970s and early 1980s, with 15 singles in the UK top ten including ‘Our House’, which became their biggest international hit.
The 1982 music video famously takes place in a Victorian terraced house, where Suggs and co are seen playing their instruments in the living room. Now, 33 years later, the house has been put on the market.
Helped by the property’s rich cultural history, the current owner drafted a unique listing– with all the lyricism and musical references required. “Welcome to our ‘House of Fun’, a fantastic family home with a perfect blend of modern and traditional features throughout,” the listing begins, “It is ‘One Step Beyond’ the norm for the area.”
You may also want to watch:
“Early viewings are recommended to avoid ‘Embarrassment’, with initial feedback is that this one won’t be around long and that when you’ve seen it once, you’ll be ‘Lovestruck’, and you will no longer need to ‘Keep Moving’.
“We hope you’ll want to make ‘Our House’, your house.”
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 3 Arsenal held by Aston Villa on final day of WSL season
- 4 Belsize cameraman remembers Jim Henson and The Muppet Show
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 7 Graham goal gives Tottenham win at Birmingham in WSL finale
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 10 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
Simon Rosenfeld, Local Property Expert for Purplebricks, comments, “Not only is it a great price, but it’s got a great story, with strong heritage. More sellers are bringing personality to their listings, and this is a great example of someone fully embracing that ethos.”
Read the full listing below:
“Welcome to our ‘House of Fun’, a fantastic family home with a perfect blend of modern and traditional features throughout. Located on Stephenson Street in Willesden, it is ‘One Step Beyond’ the norm for the area, briefly comprising of open plan living/dining room, two good sized bedrooms, a family bathroom, extended galley kitchen and more than enough room to hang your ‘Baggy Trousers’.
The property benefits from on-road parking if you, like me, enjoy ‘Driving in My Car’ as well as an ample rear terrace/patio.
Early viewings are recommended to avoid ‘Embarrassment’, with initial feedback is that this one won’t be around long and that when you’ve seen it once, you’ll be ‘Lovestruck’, and you will no longer need to ‘Keep Moving’.
We hope you’ll want to make ‘Our House’, your house.”