John Inman property for sale in Little Venice
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Once dubbed the funniest man on television, Inman lived at Robert Close for 30 years
The Little Venice property owned by John Inman, the late actor best known for starring in the BBC’s Are You Being Served?, is currently on the market.
After playing the camp Mr. Humphries in the sitcom from 1972 to 1985, Inman was voted BBC’s Personality Of The Year.
Living at Robert Close until his death in 2007, the famous pantomime dame left the property to his civil partner of 33 years, Ron Lynch, who has himself now passed away.
Robert Close is a three bedroom townhouse set within a quiet, private gated road, just moments from Regents Canal in the heart of Little Venice.
You may also want to watch:
The house has well proportioned and adaptable accommodation, with an abundance of natural light.
A master bedroom featuring an en-suite bathroom, two further bedrooms, two reception rooms, a kitchen, and a dining room all require cosmetic improvement, which offers the incoming purchaser ample opportunity to create their perfect home.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
Just moments from Warwick Avenue underground station (Bakerloo Line), Robert Close provides access to Paddington Railway Station, the Heathrow Express and the West End.
The picturesque Regents Canal and numerous cafes and amenities of Clifton Gardens are also within walking distance.
The guide price for the former actor’s home is £2,300,000.
For more information visit sandfords.com or call 0207 723 9958