- Credit: Archant
Essendon, discreetly under the radar when it comes to property hotspots, is a wonderful hamlet in the heart of luscious Hertfordshire countryside, and just 36 minutes from London’s King’s Cross.
New homes of any distinction are few and far between, as plots are difficult to obtain. Developers Octagon have succeeded in plucking a prime site of 1.7 acres, where they have built an elegant Georgian influenced country house.
Comprising five reception rooms, five bedrooms, four bathrooms, and a detached double garage, the new Octagon home is reached by an impressive 200 metre tree-lined drive, surrounded by tastefully landscaped south-facing grounds and areas of natural woodland, with far reaching views across undulating farmland.
Star features include a large contemporary kitchen fitted with top of the range Miele appliances, a dramatic angled island breakfast bar, opening onto an informal dining area and family room.
Additional living accommodation on the ground floor includes a formal dining and drawing room, interlinked with double doors, study, morning/TV room and every country family’s essential, the boot room, kitted out with washer and dryer, extra storage and Labrador-friendly shampoo and go sink.
A circular solid oak staircase leads from the spacious marble tiled entrance hall up to the first floor, where all five bedrooms are located, including the master suite, which flanks the rear of the main house has two dressing rooms and a large marble ensuite bathroom.
Guide price of £4,828,000
- 1 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 4 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 5 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 6 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 7 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
- 8 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
- 9 Two-year waitlist for mental health patients at Tavistock Centre
- 10 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
020 8441 9555