- Credit: Archant
Essendon, discreetly under the radar when it comes to property hotspots, is a wonderful hamlet in the heart of luscious Hertfordshire countryside, and just 36 minutes from London’s King’s Cross.
New homes of any distinction are few and far between, as plots are difficult to obtain. Developers Octagon have succeeded in plucking a prime site of 1.7 acres, where they have built an elegant Georgian influenced country house.
Comprising five reception rooms, five bedrooms, four bathrooms, and a detached double garage, the new Octagon home is reached by an impressive 200 metre tree-lined drive, surrounded by tastefully landscaped south-facing grounds and areas of natural woodland, with far reaching views across undulating farmland.
Star features include a large contemporary kitchen fitted with top of the range Miele appliances, a dramatic angled island breakfast bar, opening onto an informal dining area and family room.
Additional living accommodation on the ground floor includes a formal dining and drawing room, interlinked with double doors, study, morning/TV room and every country family’s essential, the boot room, kitted out with washer and dryer, extra storage and Labrador-friendly shampoo and go sink.
You may also want to watch:
A circular solid oak staircase leads from the spacious marble tiled entrance hall up to the first floor, where all five bedrooms are located, including the master suite, which flanks the rear of the main house has two dressing rooms and a large marble ensuite bathroom.
Guide price of £4,828,000
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 6 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
020 8441 9555