- Credit: Archant
Essendon, discreetly under the radar when it comes to property hotspots, is a wonderful hamlet in the heart of luscious Hertfordshire countryside, and just 36 minutes from London’s King’s Cross.
New homes of any distinction are few and far between, as plots are difficult to obtain. Developers Octagon have succeeded in plucking a prime site of 1.7 acres, where they have built an elegant Georgian influenced country house.
Comprising five reception rooms, five bedrooms, four bathrooms, and a detached double garage, the new Octagon home is reached by an impressive 200 metre tree-lined drive, surrounded by tastefully landscaped south-facing grounds and areas of natural woodland, with far reaching views across undulating farmland.
Star features include a large contemporary kitchen fitted with top of the range Miele appliances, a dramatic angled island breakfast bar, opening onto an informal dining area and family room.
Additional living accommodation on the ground floor includes a formal dining and drawing room, interlinked with double doors, study, morning/TV room and every country family’s essential, the boot room, kitted out with washer and dryer, extra storage and Labrador-friendly shampoo and go sink.
You may also want to watch:
A circular solid oak staircase leads from the spacious marble tiled entrance hall up to the first floor, where all five bedrooms are located, including the master suite, which flanks the rear of the main house has two dressing rooms and a large marble ensuite bathroom.
Guide price of £4,828,000
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 8 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 9 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
020 8441 9555