Infographic shows how much homes just like yours have sold for
- Credit: Archant
London is a world of many property markets and house price data can be misleading but a new infographic, which provides a visual summary of key statistics, provides a hyperlocal overview.
The smart map from the Office of National Statistics enables users to view house price data without the distortions that overall figures can give.
For example, the average price of a property in the small area of Camden that covers Primrose Hill is £625,000.
But, before you get carried away thinking you could swap your flat in Archway for a house on one of the pastel-coloured dollshouse terraces, take a closer look at the numbers.
While the average price of a flat in the area was £590,000, 77 flats were sold, compared to only 9 terraced houses with average prices of £2.25million, explaining how figures can become strangely top- or bottom-heavy.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, up in the Billionaire’s heartland, between Kenwood House and the Heath Extension, where streets include The Bishop’s Avenue and Winnington Road, the weighting towards detached houses (average price £2.5million) pushes the average property price for the area up to nearly £1million, even though flats in the area cost an average of £390,000.
How does your area compare? Have a go on the map and find out. Let us know if you encountered any surprises.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?