How to set a stylish Halloween scene in your home
- Credit: Archant
Love it or hate it, Halloween appears to be getting bigger each year. But it doesn’t have to be all about tricks, treats and tacky decorations
Channel the essence of Fright Night in rooms on October 31 and you might find yourself conjuring up some spookily stylish looks. The moody hues and candlelight might even look good enough to become a permanent fixture.
“The key to achieving the perfect atmosphere is to carefully consider lighting,” says Catharine Denham, head of design for BHS homewares. “If space allows, combine opulent candelabras with a statement chandelier, to create a truly gothic feel. Lights with dimmer switches will allow you to easily control the level of light and the mood of the room.”
Mixing dark metallics with sumptuous velvets can help create a dramatic and luxurious feel, she adds. Adding accessories, such as cushions and throws in rich rusts and burnt oranges, will ensure your decor remains on-trend once Halloween is over too.
Halloween scene-setting essentials
:: Forget scary masks and witches’ hats, the stylish way to kit your home out for Halloween is with pumpkins.
- 1 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 2 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 3 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 4 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 5 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 6 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 7 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 8 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
- 9 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
- 10 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
:: Things will go bump in the night, so be sure to light a candle or two so you can see your way around.
:: If you fancy investing in some dark opulence or getting an orangey glow from some on-trend copper hues, now’s the time to splash out on something that will look just as fabulous once all the fun and frolics are over.