How to recycle your Christmas tree in Camden, Haringey, Barnet and Westminster this January 2016
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
No matter whether you count Twelfth Night as the 5th or 6th of January, Christmas is definitely over by today so it’s time to take down those decorations and dispose of the tree. If you can’t replant it for next year, here’s where to recycle your natural Christmas tree in north London
Camden are not collecting Christmas trees as part of doorstep garden waste collections. Instead residents of the borough should take their trees to one of the recycling points listed here, which are open until January 14, 2016.
Trees that are under two metres long with trunks less than 15cm diameter can be left at the site. Larger trees should be cut into smaller lengths and tied in bundles.
If you have a garden waste collection, cut your tree into pieces that are a maximum of one metre in length and put it out for collection on collection day. If the tree is in larger pieces it will not be collected.
You may also want to watch:
You can also take your tree to one of the following parks until January 22, 2016:
Albert Road Recreation Ground (Staff yard), Bidwell Gardens, N11
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
Bruce Castle Park (Staff yard), Lordship Lane, N17
Down Lane Recreation Ground (Staff yard), Park View Road, N17
Downhills Park (Staff yard), Downhills Park Road, N17
Finsbury Park (Staff yard), Endymion Road, N4
The Gardens Community Garden, Doncaster Gardens, N4
Priory Park (Staff yard), Barrington Road, N8
Woodside Park (Staff yard), High Road, N22
Recycle your real Christmas trees by placing them next to your green bin on your garden waste collection day or take them to the Summers Lane Reuse and Recycling Centre, N12 0RF, open Monday to Saturday 8am to 4pm; Sunday and Bank Holidays 9am to 4pm.
There are 22 recycling points for natural trees in the borough, operating until January 15, 2016. These are open from 8am to 8pm except for parks, which close at 4.30pm. See the full list of locations (with a map) here.
Small trees under two metres long will be collected as part of the normal refuse collection, while trees over seven ft can be collected for £25.