How can I get help getting on the London property ladder?
- Credit: Archant
The First Time Buyer Home Show in Islington this weekend could have some answers for you.
Those looking to get on the property ladder will have to save for seven years longer in London than in other areas of the UK, according to a recent report from Halifax.
It’s depressing news, but if you have questions about how soon – or even just how – you might be able to on the property ladder then the First Time Buyer Home Show could help.
Lynda Clark, editor of First Time Buyer Magazine said: “Whilst it is always good to remain cautious, the good news for first time buyers in the Capital is that in recent months we have seen interest rates drop to an historic low and we are enjoying a temporary cooling of London house prices. This has actually created a fantastic opportunity for aspiring homebuyers to secure their first home.”
The Home Show is free to attend and complimentary mortgage advice will be available to help prospective buyers explore their options.
Seminars are scheduled throughout the day, on subjects such as ‘To buy or not to buy? What should you do post the Brexit Vote?’ by property expert Kate Faulkner, and ‘The First Time Buyer’s Guide to Mortgages’ presented by Rupert Swetman, head of Which? Mortgage Advisors.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a range of exhibitors at the show, including Help to Buy London, Bellway, Inspired Homes, PLS SolicitorsSouthern Home Ownership, Homematch, Mortgage Advice Bureau, and Thames Valley Housing.
A giveaway will also be held to give one lucky attendee £5,000 towards the purchase of their first home.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 4 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 8 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 9 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
The home show will be held on Saturday October 8 at the Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, from 10am until 5pm.