How can I get help getting on the London property ladder?
- Credit: Archant
The First Time Buyer Home Show in Islington this weekend could have some answers for you.
Those looking to get on the property ladder will have to save for seven years longer in London than in other areas of the UK, according to a recent report from Halifax.
It’s depressing news, but if you have questions about how soon – or even just how – you might be able to on the property ladder then the First Time Buyer Home Show could help.
Lynda Clark, editor of First Time Buyer Magazine said: “Whilst it is always good to remain cautious, the good news for first time buyers in the Capital is that in recent months we have seen interest rates drop to an historic low and we are enjoying a temporary cooling of London house prices. This has actually created a fantastic opportunity for aspiring homebuyers to secure their first home.”
The Home Show is free to attend and complimentary mortgage advice will be available to help prospective buyers explore their options.
Seminars are scheduled throughout the day, on subjects such as ‘To buy or not to buy? What should you do post the Brexit Vote?’ by property expert Kate Faulkner, and ‘The First Time Buyer’s Guide to Mortgages’ presented by Rupert Swetman, head of Which? Mortgage Advisors.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a range of exhibitors at the show, including Help to Buy London, Bellway, Inspired Homes, PLS SolicitorsSouthern Home Ownership, Homematch, Mortgage Advice Bureau, and Thames Valley Housing.
A giveaway will also be held to give one lucky attendee £5,000 towards the purchase of their first home.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 10 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
The home show will be held on Saturday October 8 at the Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, from 10am until 5pm.