Hot properties: what’s caught our eye in north London property this week
- Credit: Archant
From a Maida Vale one-bed for £160,000 (there is a small catch) to a Kentish Town penthouse and Bieber’s mansion rental, we’ve rounded up the most unusual homes on offer.
The Maple Building, NW5, from £1,295,000
There are seven penthouses at the top of this former furniture factory, widely credited as being the first development of its kind to hit Kentish Town, but from ground level you’d never know. The one, two and three-bedroom apartments are housed in a brand new two floor roof extension on top of the original building and are built and interior designed in a contemporary style to contrast with the rest of the Victorian red brick building.
The flats have glass curtain walls with sliding panels, which lead out onto L-shaped terraces, accessible from the living and bedrooms and made glamorous by decking, landscaping and downlighting on the parapet walls. As with the rest of the development, interiors have been designed by Gordon Duff & Linton to bring them right up to the minute.
Savills, 020 7409 8756
You may also want to watch:
First time buy
Maida Avenue, W2, £160,000
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
This could have been our rental of the week because the current owner has it on to let for £320 per week (£1,387pcm) but they will also consider selling the boat and mooring and then just imagine what fun you could have doing it up. Otherwise, who can argue with a one-bedroom flat (360 views of the water included) in the heart of Little Venice? A bit of a talking point and a prime location.
Goldschmidt & Howland, 020 7289 6633
New End Square, NW3, £2,995,000
The thoughtful owners of this wonderfully located Hampstead house have kept the kitchen and bathrooms looking pretty modern, leaving the new owner free to focus on the fun bits of renovating.
After 30 years in the same ownership it’s inevitable that carpets and walls would stand updating but a working fireplace and spectacular views are hard to improve on.
TK International, 020 7794 8700
Bishops Avenue, N2, £25,000pw
We may have devoted enough column inches to Justin Bieber’s stay in north London, although when an AAA-list pop star arrives in the neighbourhood and drops in for a kickabout at a local school it does set our serious journalistic pulses racing. Sadly, it seems the doe-eyed singer was not settling on Bishops Ave for good, just using this super luxe mansion as his own private hotel for the London leg of his tour.
Yes, it’s official, the teen Beliebers have moved on and his fancy crash pad, Heath Hall is back on the books and available to rent again, for £108,000 pcm. What are you waiting for?
Knight Frank, 020 3627 0595