Hot properties: the best north London property for sale this week
- Credit: Archant
A Gothic pile in Hampstead, a design fantasia to rent in Hampstead, and a first time buyer dream in Muswell Hill all made the cut this week in our round up of the best north London properties on the market
West Heath Road, NW3, £4,650,000
Forming part of a sprawling red brick building straight out of a Gothic fantasy, this five-bedroom family residence has been given a complete makeover. There are fireplaces in several rooms and a dramatic central staircase, as well as leaded bay windows, adding period drama to the otherwise contemporary styled home.
The property has all the necessary luxuries for a high end north London house in 2016: a basement media room, a double garage with drive and a spacious extension. A south west-facing rear garden will also be a boon for families after some outside space, although both Hampstead Heath and Golders Hill Park are steps away.
Savills, 020 7472 5000
You may also want to watch:
Willoughby Road, NW3, £1,795,000
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 3 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 4 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
A semi-detached, four-bedroom house with a quirky aspect to the façade, this Hampstead village house is a statement renovator’s dream. The house isn’t in terrible nick, but there’s so much potential to improve it even further.
Just looking at the photos inspires violent fantasies of ripping out the kitchen, knocking through walls and chipping off the royal blue bathroom tiling, although I would be very tempted to hold on to the powder blue bathroom suite and cork floor tiles.
Knight Frank, 020 8022 3739
First time buy
Sydney Road, N10, £515,000
Views! Fireplaces! Stripped pine floors! This two-bedroom period conversion flat is a dream for the first time buyer with funds who need to little more on moving in than unpack. There’s an attractive modern kitchen and clean, white bathroom but it’s the windows covering more or less the entire living room wall that provide the icing on the cake.
Prickett & Ellis, 020 8883 9797
Grafton Terrace, NW5, £4,500
Do you struggle to pick just one decorative style in a home? If so, this three-bedroom rental property could be ideal for you.
With rooms ranging from a Bond-style master bedroom complete with bath in the room and stone wall to an ornate wood-panelled reception room with a grand fireplace you can move from scene to scene on your very own private set.
The property is available furnished or unfurnished and has a sweet private garden. And it’s a rental property, perfect if your commitment phobia extends beyond a reluctance to settle on one look.
C.H. Peppiatt, 020 7449 9222