Home of the week: Regency villa in picturesque Downshire Hill
- Credit: Goldschmidt & Howland
Situated on the prized and picturesque Downshire Hill, this early 19th century Grade II-listed Regency villa is on the preferred south side of the road.
The house offers 2,140 sq ft of accommodation, arranged over four floors, and with much period character remaining.
The ground floor provides two reception rooms, both with wooden floors and fireplaces and a guest cloakroom, with the dining room and kitchen on the garden level, along with a useful utility room and a storage vault.
A rudimentary conservatory, accessed via the dining room gives access to the 56ft south east facing garden. The top two floors of the house offer four double bedrooms, a shower room and family bathroom.
Downshire Hill is truly one of Hampstead’s highlights and is at the heart of a triangle of neighbouring streets that have many associations with the arts, with former residents including John Constable, Stanley Spencer, Mark Gertler and famously, John Keats, who lends his name to the neighbouring Keats Grove which the house backs on to.
You may also want to watch:
The Heath is within just a few hundred yards, with the amenities of both Hampstead Village and South End Green close at hand.
Downshire Hill, Hampstead Village, NW3
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
Goldschmidt & Howland
020 7435 4404