Highgate interior designer, Mia Karlsson, shares her top style and design addresses
- Credit: Archant
Mia Karlsson creates colourful, functional family homes from her Pond Square Highgate studio. But where does the Hampstead resident head in her time off?
For a quick pick me up
I love the Beauty Boutique on Flask Walk in Hampstead. Whenever I feel tired and in need of a little pampering that’s the place that hits the spot
For a real blow out
Gaucho Grill for a nice cocktail and great ceviche, with the added bonus of being on my doorstep
To get inspired
For meeting friends
I absolutely love 28 Church Row. It is simply brilliant, full of great food, drinks and people.
To feel healthy
- 1 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 2 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 3 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 4 Camden councillors set to give themselves a pay rise
- 5 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 6 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 7 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 8 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 9 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 10 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
Everyman cinema – say no more.
For fun, great value presents I head to Zana on Flask Walk. My sausage dog will not let me pass her door as she is always ready to great him with a doggy biscuit – at times I have to drag him away.
Alfies Antique Market and the other antique shops on Church Road in Marylebone. This is the place to pick up unusual and unique pieces to complement any contemporary interior.
For my own home
Judy Green on Flask Walk