Highgate interior designer, Mia Karlsson, shares her top style and design addresses
- Credit: Archant
Mia Karlsson creates colourful, functional family homes from her Pond Square Highgate studio. But where does the Hampstead resident head in her time off?
For a quick pick me up
I love the Beauty Boutique on Flask Walk in Hampstead. Whenever I feel tired and in need of a little pampering that’s the place that hits the spot
For a real blow out
Gaucho Grill for a nice cocktail and great ceviche, with the added bonus of being on my doorstep
To get inspired
For meeting friends
I absolutely love 28 Church Row. It is simply brilliant, full of great food, drinks and people.
To feel healthy
- 1 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 4 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 5 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 6 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 7 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 8 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 9 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 10 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
Everyman cinema – say no more.
For fun, great value presents I head to Zana on Flask Walk. My sausage dog will not let me pass her door as she is always ready to great him with a doggy biscuit – at times I have to drag him away.
Alfies Antique Market and the other antique shops on Church Road in Marylebone. This is the place to pick up unusual and unique pieces to complement any contemporary interior.
For my own home
Judy Green on Flask Walk