Highgate interior designer, Mia Karlsson, shares her top style and design addresses
- Credit: Archant
Mia Karlsson creates colourful, functional family homes from her Pond Square Highgate studio. But where does the Hampstead resident head in her time off?
For a quick pick me up
I love the Beauty Boutique on Flask Walk in Hampstead. Whenever I feel tired and in need of a little pampering that’s the place that hits the spot
For a real blow out
Gaucho Grill for a nice cocktail and great ceviche, with the added bonus of being on my doorstep
To get inspired
You may also want to watch:
For meeting friends
I absolutely love 28 Church Row. It is simply brilliant, full of great food, drinks and people.
To feel healthy
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 4 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 5 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 6 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 7 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 8 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 9 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media
- 10 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
Everyman cinema – say no more.
For fun, great value presents I head to Zana on Flask Walk. My sausage dog will not let me pass her door as she is always ready to great him with a doggy biscuit – at times I have to drag him away.
Alfies Antique Market and the other antique shops on Church Road in Marylebone. This is the place to pick up unusual and unique pieces to complement any contemporary interior.
For my own home
Judy Green on Flask Walk