Grants for north Londoners to make their homes environmentally friendly
- Credit: Archant
Events to provide information on government grants of up to £6,000, available exclusively to residents of six north London boroughs to make their homes more energy efficient, are being held in Highgate this weekend.
The sessions will offer a one-stop shop where members of the SmartHomes team will be on hand to offer information and advice on how the scheme can help make homes more green over tea and cake on Saturday afternoon or wine and nibbles on Monday evening.
The scheme, which is open to residents of Camden and Haringey, is due to close soon so now is a good time to find out more and register for the process before it closes.
Jackie Jones of 21st Century Homes, who is helping organise the event, said: “The event is for absolutely anybody who thinks they would be interested in getting some funding to make their home environmentally friendly. You can apply if you’re a home owner, but also if you’re a landlord or a tenant.”
The money will mostly help people install insulation throughout their homes but there will also be some funding available for projects such as replacing boilers and windows.
Money will be granted for up to 70 per cent of the cost of a project – so up to £6,000 will be given for projects costing £8,000.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Jones said: “We’re bringing the advice line to Highgate so people can have a face-to-face consultation with the advisers and sign up straight away without having to commit themselves to anything.
“We want to make it easy for anybody to come along and explore what the scheme means.”
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 6 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 10 Helen Allingham's Hampstead watercolour up for auction
The events are taking place this Saturday, 21 February, 2.30-4.30pm and on Monday, 23 February 7-9pm at the Highgate Society hall, 10a South Grove, Highgate.
For more information visit 21stcenturyhomes.org.uk