West Hampstead commercial units and former language school for sale for £4.9m
- Credit: Google
A West Hampstead property which used to be home to a language school is being sold for just under £5 million.
The freehold on the former commercial premises at 551-557 Finchley Road is being marketed with planning permission for homes for £4.9 million.
The property is situated adjacent to Fortune Green Road and opposite Platt's Lane is touted as an "attractive mixed-use residential led development opportunity".
The 14,391 sq ft building comprises four interconnecting terraced buildings arranged over lower ground, ground and three upper floors previously occupied by Hampstead School of English.
Planning permission has been granted by Camden Council for the conversion, extension and new build of a mansard roof to create 15 residential apartments and three ground floor units.
The currently vacant unit can include seven one-beds, six two-bed and two three-bed apartments.
Ten of the homes have private outside space.
- 1 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 4 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 5 Camden woman in running for Miss Universe Germany
- 6 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 7 Two more charged in connection with Olsi Kuka killing in Barnet
- 8 Belsize Park phone box transformed into art gallery by prep school pupils
- 9 Royal beacon in Golders Hill shines light for Queen
- 10 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
There is potential for alternative uses, but these are subject to obtaining the necessary consents.
The building is being marketed by Estate Office on www.rightmove.co.uk