For sale: Future super villa in St John’s Wood
- Credit: Archant
A rare opportunity to snap up a house with planning consent to create a “super villa” in St John’s Wood is on offer.
The cream stucco fronted period property is located on Acacia Road, one of the most sought-after streets in NW8, and currently offers 3,660sq ft of living space.
But at least £1.5 million has been added to the property’s price tag because the current vendors have obtained planning permission to double the size of the living space to 7,619sq ft.
The £10 million house is in a conservation area, where buildings have a unique and distinctive architectural and historic character.
This means that gaining planning consent from Westminster Council for any major extension work or external changes is especially difficult.
However, consent is in place for the new owner of the Acacia Road house to open up the exterior wall to create an imposing wide frontage, spacious driveway and large front and south-facing back garden.
Proposals for the new layout would add a two-storey basement to the existing four floor building as well as a side extension and a lift to all floors.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 6 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 7 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 8 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 9 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 10 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
Floor -1 will include an expansive guest room, laundry room and staff quarters, while the lower basement floor will house a 1,660sq ft home spa and a health and fitness suite with gym, swimming pool and Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and solarium.
The plans incorporate five bedrooms including a luxurious master suite with bathroom and his and hers dressing rooms.
Vic Chhabria, director of Rescorp Residential said: “The property is the first house off Acacia Road, situated metres away from Avenue Road, where houses typically sell for £20-£40 million.
“We estimate that it will cost £3 million to undertake this exciting project, which will enable whoever buys the property to put their own personal stamp on the interior design and the specification.
“By obtaining planning permission, the owner of the home has increased its value and desirability by approximately £1.5 million and the property has the potential to become one of the finest luxury homes in the area.”
29 Acacia Road is on the market with Rescorp Residential (020 3348 8000) for £10 million