Dressing tables for every age and the best products to put on them
- Credit: Archant
No longer the preserve of grannies with silver vanity sets, the dressing table is being reinstated as a patch of sacred personal space with a host of sleek and stylish new designs. We round up the best for all age groups as well as the best beauty products to display on them.
Cheap and compact, this charming dressing table will fit happily into most house share rooms and shouldn’t be too difficult to transport. The blonde wood, tapered legs and rounded mirrors combine the best of Scandinavian style and Gallic chic. And with 25 per cent currently knocked off the price it’s a veritable bargain too.
Family friendly functional
Keep your precious cosmetics safe from prying playdates getting experimental with the lipstick with the substantial drawer space in this walnut dressing table. The clever design uses height rather than width so as not to take up too much floor space while maximising storage. But this is no stingy choice. The huge mirror ensures your make up will be as perfect as you have time for while the slim legs and table top ensure elegance is retained.
Mid-life make up
Now is a good time to get glamorous with your dressing table. Bring a touch of boudoir style without going full Moulin Rouge with this Art Deco-inspired glossy metallic table. With an ivory shagreen leather effect overlaid by shimmering glass, this proves you no longer have to be too family friendly with your furnishings and can wallow in an occasional bit of me-time. Make the most of it with this pretty piece.
- 1 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 2 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
- 3 Disabled swimmer loses court battle over Heath swimming prices
- 4 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 5 New toilets and changing rooms in Hampstead ponds £700,000 revamp
- 6 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 7 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 8 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 9 Jailed: 10 north London offenders put behind bars in May
- 10 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
Empty nest extravagance
Now is the time to indulge your wildest tastes and design your home as you want – no need to be family friendly any longer so splash out with your wallet and your creative eye. Chandlo means moon shape and Bindi, which is referenced by the large red-rimmed mirror. As well as the mirror, the architectural piece also features a rosewood jewellery box and a filtered rose colour side mirror. Form meets function.
Downsizing in style
You probably already have a dressing table by now and the last thing you need is more furniture but it might be a good time to update the mirror for something more flash. This wide view sensor mirror provides subtle magnification and a multi-angled view but the most unusual feature is the lighting, which simulates natural light so you don’t get fooled into wearing the wrong colour foundation or a garish blusher. The mirror will even connect to a smart phone app to recreate a specific lighting effect.