Does this property purchase mean Mesut Ozil is set to stay with Arsenal?
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
The footballer has bought a Highgate mansion worth £10 million, suggesting he could be about to sign a new contract at the Emirates.
It’s potentially good news for the Gunners. Arsenal player Mesut Ozil has taken the plunge and moved from renting to buying, splashing out on a £10 million home in Highgate (we’re sure it won’t put too large a dent in his £140,000 a week salary, although there are rumours he’s negotiating for it to be raised to £250,000).
The move from renting to buying suggests the German footballer could be about to sign on the dotted line for a long term contract with the club.
The neighbourhood is positively agog with speculation. One local who clearly has the inside track was reported in the Sun saying: “I heard from another neighbour that he’s definitely moving in.”
Ozil will be able to kick back and relax in the three storey mansion, which includes its own home cinema, sequestered behind high wrought iron gates and protected by a top of the range security system.
There’s plenty of parking for his car collection, including the Lamborghini and his Mercedes G-Class SUV, the latter of which earned him a parking ticket a few months ago when he parked it illegally in central London.
You may also want to watch:
He’ll also get to enjoy the ultimate in loo luxury: a wall mounted TV facing the toilet in one of the bathrooms means he won’t have to miss a minute of a match.
Read more celebrity house hunter stories:
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 9 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 10 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'