Designer Tom Dixon sells London smells at Paris fair
- Credit: Archant
Designer Tom Dixon’s studio may be based near Queen’s Park, but this weekend he will be transporting an entire live production line to Paris.
The English invasion will not stop there as Dixon will be making and selling a selection of limited edition products to diffuse the city with his signature London scent at Maison & Objet interiors fair.
Dixon said: ‘The idea is not only to invade Paris with our London scent; ‘The Factory’ also demonstrates the speed at which we can now create new ideas and sell in the modern age.”
His stand will show visitors the entire production line, from distillation and assembly to packaging and sales.
A variety of four diffusers and scented candles will be in production at the fair, each laser-marked, along with refill bottles containing the ‘London’ essential oil.
You may also want to watch:
The London aroma is a blend of red brick, crocuses and nettles – perfect for North London ex-pats craving a Proustian reminder of home.
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 3 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 8 Vagina Museum reopens with the history of periods
- 9 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'