Designer Tom Dixon sells London smells at Paris fair
- Credit: Archant
Designer Tom Dixon’s studio may be based near Queen’s Park, but this weekend he will be transporting an entire live production line to Paris.
The English invasion will not stop there as Dixon will be making and selling a selection of limited edition products to diffuse the city with his signature London scent at Maison & Objet interiors fair.
Dixon said: ‘The idea is not only to invade Paris with our London scent; ‘The Factory’ also demonstrates the speed at which we can now create new ideas and sell in the modern age.”
His stand will show visitors the entire production line, from distillation and assembly to packaging and sales.
A variety of four diffusers and scented candles will be in production at the fair, each laser-marked, along with refill bottles containing the ‘London’ essential oil.
You may also want to watch:
The London aroma is a blend of red brick, crocuses and nettles – perfect for North London ex-pats craving a Proustian reminder of home.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair