Designer Tom Dixon sells London smells at Paris fair
- Credit: Archant
Designer Tom Dixon’s studio may be based near Queen’s Park, but this weekend he will be transporting an entire live production line to Paris.
The English invasion will not stop there as Dixon will be making and selling a selection of limited edition products to diffuse the city with his signature London scent at Maison & Objet interiors fair.
Dixon said: ‘The idea is not only to invade Paris with our London scent; ‘The Factory’ also demonstrates the speed at which we can now create new ideas and sell in the modern age.”
His stand will show visitors the entire production line, from distillation and assembly to packaging and sales.
A variety of four diffusers and scented candles will be in production at the fair, each laser-marked, along with refill bottles containing the ‘London’ essential oil.
You may also want to watch:
The London aroma is a blend of red brick, crocuses and nettles – perfect for North London ex-pats craving a Proustian reminder of home.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 10 Future of Royal Free Hospital nurseries uncertain amid staff consultation