Tangled up in blue: a groovy restoration opportunity in Crouch End
- Credit: Tatlers
Forget avocado bathrooms, this Crouch End fixer upper comes with a pastel blue three piece bathroom suite
A six bedroom property in Crouch End is looking for someone to inject a little love and labour into its dilapidated walls.
Look past the sixties-style built in wardrobes and you’ll see this home on Birchington Road has gorgeous original features including distressed wooden floors, and a Victorian-style stove.
The galley style kitchen is in full working order but does need a little TLC. The walk-through space leads into a vibrant saffron dining area with Victorian stove in the chimney breast recess and tiling decorated with painted maids.
With high ceilings and Lino covered floors, the space also has double glazed windows above the entrance creating a bright dining area.
A 25 sq mt reception room is stripped back with untreated original floors, high ceilings and double glazed PVC windows looking through to the front garden with its unusual brick arch over the entrance path. A smaller second reception room has doors to the rear garden.
You may also want to watch:
With two bathrooms, it seems the current residents lost their appetite for cosmetic updating after modernising the first bathroom. A new three piece suite and tiled walls are found in one of the bathrooms, whilst in the other is a retro vintage three piece suite in spearmint blue.
The bedrooms vary in size but with six doubles offer ample space for a large family or guests. The master bedroom looks out over the front garden, with adjoining doors to a sister bedroom which also looks out over the street.
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 3 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 8 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 9 Vagina Museum reopens with the history of periods
- 10 Camden’s recycling rate has fallen – and this rubbish is now urgent
Two of the rooms have original flooring, pared back and whitewashed, which with a little cosmetic CPR, could be brought magically back to life.
Birchington Road is one of Crouch End’s premium residential roads, found close to the Broadway and many local schools and amenities. The property also has a paved rear garden and a cellar.
At £1,650,000 the property doesn’t come cheap, but with a bit of effort it could be a total stunner.. The home’s five bedroom neighbour at 45 Birchington Road sold in October 2014 for £1,650,000 and Tatlers are also marketing a souped-up five bed terraced home on the street for just a fraction higher at £1.7 million.
However this bare but beautiful bones home offers an eagle-eyed buyer the opportunity to put their creative stamp on somewhere. So if you’re in the market for a fixer-upper, we’ve found you a match.