Channel 4 call out for north London period properties to renovate
- Credit: Archant
Do you live in a period property in north London? Are you planning home renovations?
The team behind George Clarke’s House Rules is seeking north Londoners who plan to renovate their period property but are in need of some guidance to feature on the show.
The architect and TV presenter who fronted Restoration Man and Amazing Spaces is hoping to help homeowners uncover and restore unique original features – the more unusual the better – and make older spaces work for contemporary living.
Clarke said: “The problem is so many of us live in homes where generations of previous owners, developers and DIYers have wrecked the interiors and left us confused about what to do. We are terrified of tearing out features that may be the must-have selling points of tomorrow.
“I want to create architectural interiors that correct past mistakes, restore what is authentic, while at the same time transforming those spaces to suit the way we live in the 21st century.
You may also want to watch:
“My house rules will help everyone answer their most difficult home questions. What should we keep or throw away? What should we restore? How can we make our home, built for a past generation, work for us?”
North London is a particularly interesting location for the show thanks to the wide mix of housing styles and periods, combined with a constant stream of renovations taking place according to the production team.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 4 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
To qualify, your property must be Pre-War and you must have planning permission and finance in place.
To apply call 07599882416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org