Channel 4 call out for north London period properties to renovate
- Credit: Archant
Do you live in a period property in north London? Are you planning home renovations?
The team behind George Clarke’s House Rules is seeking north Londoners who plan to renovate their period property but are in need of some guidance to feature on the show.
The architect and TV presenter who fronted Restoration Man and Amazing Spaces is hoping to help homeowners uncover and restore unique original features – the more unusual the better – and make older spaces work for contemporary living.
Clarke said: “The problem is so many of us live in homes where generations of previous owners, developers and DIYers have wrecked the interiors and left us confused about what to do. We are terrified of tearing out features that may be the must-have selling points of tomorrow.
“I want to create architectural interiors that correct past mistakes, restore what is authentic, while at the same time transforming those spaces to suit the way we live in the 21st century.
You may also want to watch:
“My house rules will help everyone answer their most difficult home questions. What should we keep or throw away? What should we restore? How can we make our home, built for a past generation, work for us?”
North London is a particularly interesting location for the show thanks to the wide mix of housing styles and periods, combined with a constant stream of renovations taking place according to the production team.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 5 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
To qualify, your property must be Pre-War and you must have planning permission and finance in place.
To apply call 07599882416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org