Channel 4 call out for north London period properties to renovate
- Credit: Archant
Do you live in a period property in north London? Are you planning home renovations?
The team behind George Clarke’s House Rules is seeking north Londoners who plan to renovate their period property but are in need of some guidance to feature on the show.
The architect and TV presenter who fronted Restoration Man and Amazing Spaces is hoping to help homeowners uncover and restore unique original features – the more unusual the better – and make older spaces work for contemporary living.
Clarke said: “The problem is so many of us live in homes where generations of previous owners, developers and DIYers have wrecked the interiors and left us confused about what to do. We are terrified of tearing out features that may be the must-have selling points of tomorrow.
“I want to create architectural interiors that correct past mistakes, restore what is authentic, while at the same time transforming those spaces to suit the way we live in the 21st century.
You may also want to watch:
“My house rules will help everyone answer their most difficult home questions. What should we keep or throw away? What should we restore? How can we make our home, built for a past generation, work for us?”
North London is a particularly interesting location for the show thanks to the wide mix of housing styles and periods, combined with a constant stream of renovations taking place according to the production team.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 8 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 9 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
To qualify, your property must be Pre-War and you must have planning permission and finance in place.
To apply call 07599882416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org