Catch this Belsize Park lettings agent at the farmers’ market... if you can
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Former athlete Mark Winship, lettings manager at Hadleigh Residential, would love to move from Enfield to the Amalfi Coast, although the commute to Belsize Park might be a challenge
What’s special about your agency?
We’re a local, independent agent with a superb team that really cares about their clients.
Where do you live and with whom?
I live in Enfield Chase with my wife, whom I married in August.
You may also want to watch:
What’s your favourite thing about your current property?
I love the space, in particular the huge roof terrace with spectacular views over London.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
It’s a few years ago now but I represented Great Britain junior team as an athlete when I was younger. That was my dream career, but realistically I’d probably be a coach within the sport.
What’s your dream house?
Somewhere along the Amalfi Coast would be incredible, having just got married in Sorrento. It is definitely one of the most picturesque parts of the world.
How long have you been an estate agent? What’s the most shocking thing you’ve seen on the job?
I’ve been an agent for 10 years and counting. Sharers’ flats seem to offer the most entertainment on viewings, from what’s left lying around to what’s on view when that door swings open.
How has the local property market changed since you started out?
Rental prices seem to be more stabilised compared to over the last few years, which is good news for tenants.
What are the most common mistakes clients make?
Landlords’ expectations for higher rents upon each new tenancy, even when the market hasn’t moved on.
What are your top tips for the local area?
The Wednesday farmers’ market just by Swiss Cottage station is well worth a visit for lunch.