Catch this Belsize Park lettings agent at the farmers’ market... if you can
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Former athlete Mark Winship, lettings manager at Hadleigh Residential, would love to move from Enfield to the Amalfi Coast, although the commute to Belsize Park might be a challenge
What’s special about your agency?
We’re a local, independent agent with a superb team that really cares about their clients.
Where do you live and with whom?
I live in Enfield Chase with my wife, whom I married in August.
You may also want to watch:
What’s your favourite thing about your current property?
I love the space, in particular the huge roof terrace with spectacular views over London.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 6 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 7 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 8 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 9 'My theatre group saved my life on a Zoom call,' says amputee
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
It’s a few years ago now but I represented Great Britain junior team as an athlete when I was younger. That was my dream career, but realistically I’d probably be a coach within the sport.
What’s your dream house?
Somewhere along the Amalfi Coast would be incredible, having just got married in Sorrento. It is definitely one of the most picturesque parts of the world.
How long have you been an estate agent? What’s the most shocking thing you’ve seen on the job?
I’ve been an agent for 10 years and counting. Sharers’ flats seem to offer the most entertainment on viewings, from what’s left lying around to what’s on view when that door swings open.
How has the local property market changed since you started out?
Rental prices seem to be more stabilised compared to over the last few years, which is good news for tenants.
What are the most common mistakes clients make?
Landlords’ expectations for higher rents upon each new tenancy, even when the market hasn’t moved on.
What are your top tips for the local area?
The Wednesday farmers’ market just by Swiss Cottage station is well worth a visit for lunch.