Cadogan House: Gothic splendour with imposing elegance
- Credit: Archant
Luxurious detached family houses set in 100 acres of parkland are a real rarity.
All the more so when they feature true Gothic splendour with all the imposing elegance that comes with mellow brickwork and ancient stone.
Newly launched Cadogan House is the stunning former headmaster’s house at Royal Connaught Park in Bushey and it makes the most of the ambience of the soaring towers and flying buttresses of this former public school.
Detached luxury should be all about comfort and size and Cadogan House is a substantial residence, at 5,328sq ft, and is priced at £3,195,000.
Its original stone fireplaces and architectural features bring elegant living right into the home. All of the main living rooms enjoy a double aspect, and the living and dining rooms have bay windows, with stone corbelling between the panes, overlooking the front parkland and grand approaches to Royal Connaught Park.
The wine cellar is over 22ft long, while the kitchen has a separate breakfast room.
Upstairs the master bedroom, with its double aspect corbelled windows, enjoys an adjoining dressing room, and a galleried en-suite bathroom above on the second floor. The fifth bedroom also has access to a private roof terrace and is a perfect cinema room.
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 3 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 4 Crowdfunder launched to buy Mortimer Terrace Nature Reserve
- 5 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 6 Matt Lucas backs school's drive to build arts studio
- 7 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 9 'The state of Transport for London’s finances – or lack of them'
- 10 Highgate neighbours say they are 'not listened to' by care home owner
Outdoors there is a large south-facing roof terrace, two terraces and a private garden. There are three private car parking spaces.
Although the Victorian Gothic architecture is in abundance externally, internally Cadogan House is thoroughly modern. Light streams in through large windows while vaulted ceilings create open, light-filled spaces. Comer Homes is uncompromising in build quality and specifies top-of-the-range kitchens, such as Poggenpohl, integrated appliances such as Miele, bathrooms with luxury sanitaryware and fittings, limestone clad walls and underfloor heating throughout.
More information is available by contacting Comer Homes on 01923 222 292 or by visiting royalconnaughtpark.com