Cadogan House: Gothic splendour with imposing elegance
- Credit: Archant
Luxurious detached family houses set in 100 acres of parkland are a real rarity.
All the more so when they feature true Gothic splendour with all the imposing elegance that comes with mellow brickwork and ancient stone.
Newly launched Cadogan House is the stunning former headmaster’s house at Royal Connaught Park in Bushey and it makes the most of the ambience of the soaring towers and flying buttresses of this former public school.
Detached luxury should be all about comfort and size and Cadogan House is a substantial residence, at 5,328sq ft, and is priced at £3,195,000.
Its original stone fireplaces and architectural features bring elegant living right into the home. All of the main living rooms enjoy a double aspect, and the living and dining rooms have bay windows, with stone corbelling between the panes, overlooking the front parkland and grand approaches to Royal Connaught Park.
You may also want to watch:
The wine cellar is over 22ft long, while the kitchen has a separate breakfast room.
Upstairs the master bedroom, with its double aspect corbelled windows, enjoys an adjoining dressing room, and a galleried en-suite bathroom above on the second floor. The fifth bedroom also has access to a private roof terrace and is a perfect cinema room.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 8 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
Outdoors there is a large south-facing roof terrace, two terraces and a private garden. There are three private car parking spaces.
Although the Victorian Gothic architecture is in abundance externally, internally Cadogan House is thoroughly modern. Light streams in through large windows while vaulted ceilings create open, light-filled spaces. Comer Homes is uncompromising in build quality and specifies top-of-the-range kitchens, such as Poggenpohl, integrated appliances such as Miele, bathrooms with luxury sanitaryware and fittings, limestone clad walls and underfloor heating throughout.
More information is available by contacting Comer Homes on 01923 222 292 or by visiting royalconnaughtpark.com