Best sushi in north London? This agent knows where to find it
- Credit: Archant
West Hampstead sales manager Ben Relton is full of tasty tips for the local area.
What’s special about your agency?
We have a network of 63 offices throughout London and the Home Counties and our business model enables us to cross-sell properties between our offices. So we can sell a property from our office to buyers registered at a different office, which makes us very efficient at what we do.
Where do you live and with whom?
I live in the lovely Belsize Park with my fiancé and am very much enjoying what the area has to offer. With its fantastic transport links and a variety of great local amenities, Belsize Park still exudes a charming village feel.
You may also want to watch:
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
I would probably run my own restaurant as I used to work as a chef before starting my career as an estate agent nine years ago. I am very happy to have chosen this path, though; I’ve always enjoyed working at a fast pace and I absolutely love that no day is ever the same in my job.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
What’s your dream house?
A beautiful penthouse apartment in a warehouse or school conversion that overlooks the London skyline. I love London so I would want my apartment to have a distinct ‘London feel’. I also love modern interiors which still retain original features, and a bit of outside space would be nice to have, perhaps a lovely terrace.
How has the local property market changed since you started out?
The level of demand for West Hampstead has increased significantly over the years, with the area having become a first choice for many buyers looking to settle in north London. The local property portfolio has diversified, with new build developments attracting international and professional buyers, whilst previously the area was mainly popular with families.
What are your top tips for the local area?
Make sure to visit The Gallery bar in Broadhurst Gardens, which offers great cocktails and a modern vibe, and if you are a fan of Japanese cuisine, Yuzu serves some of the best sushi in north London.