Best sushi in north London? This agent knows where to find it
- Credit: Archant
West Hampstead sales manager Ben Relton is full of tasty tips for the local area.
What’s special about your agency?
We have a network of 63 offices throughout London and the Home Counties and our business model enables us to cross-sell properties between our offices. So we can sell a property from our office to buyers registered at a different office, which makes us very efficient at what we do.
Where do you live and with whom?
I live in the lovely Belsize Park with my fiancé and am very much enjoying what the area has to offer. With its fantastic transport links and a variety of great local amenities, Belsize Park still exudes a charming village feel.
You may also want to watch:
If you weren’t an estate agent what would you be?
I would probably run my own restaurant as I used to work as a chef before starting my career as an estate agent nine years ago. I am very happy to have chosen this path, though; I’ve always enjoyed working at a fast pace and I absolutely love that no day is ever the same in my job.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 8 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
What’s your dream house?
A beautiful penthouse apartment in a warehouse or school conversion that overlooks the London skyline. I love London so I would want my apartment to have a distinct ‘London feel’. I also love modern interiors which still retain original features, and a bit of outside space would be nice to have, perhaps a lovely terrace.
How has the local property market changed since you started out?
The level of demand for West Hampstead has increased significantly over the years, with the area having become a first choice for many buyers looking to settle in north London. The local property portfolio has diversified, with new build developments attracting international and professional buyers, whilst previously the area was mainly popular with families.
What are your top tips for the local area?
Make sure to visit The Gallery bar in Broadhurst Gardens, which offers great cocktails and a modern vibe, and if you are a fan of Japanese cuisine, Yuzu serves some of the best sushi in north London.