Balling: two north London developments are premier picks for footballers
- Credit: Bellis Homes
These homes in north London are in the Premier League with park views, balconies and plenty of space for a kick around
With the Premier League kicking off last Friday, north London has once again become a haven for footballers looking for luxury living in a leafy setting close to their training grounds. With Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium and Tottenham Hotspur’s Wembley Stadium both close by, homes close to the clubs have proven popular with those who play the beautiful game, coaches, managers and die hard fans alike.
Despite the average cost of a detached home in Hampstead hitting £5,684,554 over the last year, footballers on extraordinary salaries have little to worry about in the budget department, preferring to splash out on lavish homes including his’n’hers bathrooms, smart home tech and plenty of secure parking.
Amongst the big names currently calling north London home are Thierry Henry and Arsene Wenger, with new Arsenal striker Alexandre Lacazette house hunting in the area.
Hoping to attract similar high-profile players are two new developments by Bellis Homes. Four5Two in Hampstead offers luxury apartment living just a fifteen minute walk from Hampstead Tube station and only half a mile from the Heath. The 13 flats, which offer rear balconies with park views, are on the market between £1.1 to £2.2 million.
Henry Fordham, director of Bellis Homes said: “It’s no secret that North London is attractive to high profile individuals. It’s an escape from the hustle and bustle (and paparazzi lenses) of central London with sportsmen and women, in particular footballers, buying here for space and seclusion.
“Over the last few months we have welcomed interest from a number of high profile players in both our developments at Hadley Wood as well as Hampstead - but of course buyer discretion is key!”
Also up for grabs are two sumptuous homes in Hadley Wood. Calleva House is on the market for £3.75 million, whilst Mulliner House is for sale at £5.5 million. Both offer six bedroom, four storey living including a basement, whilst the bigger home also offers a swimming pool, lift, cinema and walk in fridge.
You may also want to watch:
Lawrence Henry, spokesperson for Statons estate agents in Hadley Wood said:
“Here at Statons we receive no end of enquiries and buying activity is at an all-time high. Location is key when it comes to Hadley Wood, with it being only 18 minutes from the City and having many of the top schools in the country in the surrounding area which continually adds value. The types of people you will typically find in the area include business professionals, celebrities, footballers and sportsmen and women.”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 5 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 8 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
So if you fancy a kickabout with your neighbours, it seems the ball is firmly in north London’s court.